Gibson Brands Forums

Update on UPS insurance claim

ol fred

Thought I should update y'all on my trials and tribulations with UPS and my Country Western. After thirty days and an inspection by a UPS "investigator" who stated that the container was not damaged and the guitar was very well packaged, my claim was denied because " it's obvious that the guitar was damaged before it was packaged"

This ain't over till it's over !

Very sorry, Fred. Now what? Can you take a minute and refresh us on the course of action available to you beyond this point. I mean the deck was stacked up to now; so where do you go from here. I'm reviewing the original post now, maybe you already mentioned the options. Again, very sorry.

Res Ipsa Loquitor

http://en.wikipedia....s_ipsa_loquitur

I'm fairly certain a good attorney might point this out to them, just prior to ripping them a new one.

G'Luck.

Yes, plus expenses for stress and worry for you and expenses for loss, worry and missed playing time for LiveMusic!

I guess it is going to take a bit.

Awful!

BluesKing777.

Standard procedure....first off, deny the claim, then hope you go away. I'm pretty sure this is what THEIR lawyers tell them to do. They figure that a large percentage of people will go away. rather than spend the money to go after them. Find out what the requirements are for small claims court in your state. Then without going to your lawyer, write up a bad review on Yelp, Facebook, Linkedin, etc. , and whatever local review sites you have in your area, file a report with better business bureau (BBB), Federal Trade Commission, and any state commerce regulating agency...In other words, create a lot of paper work for them, eventually they will see that this doesn't work for them to mistreat clients like this. I just find this kind of customer service just doesn't work.

Oh no, first it's an insurance guy followed by a lawyer guy having to get involved. I feel for you greatly. Hopefully there won't be any bankers, real estate brokers or preachers piling on to your miseries. You might have to file your own insurance claim so that two insurance guys can duke it out over an expensive lunch in some five star restaurant. Hopefully it all ends in your favor without you having to drop more than the guitar is worth. Best of luck.

Archived