Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Pictures

BlackHawk233

Hey just while talking about my VM.... The pickups are not the alnico's Correct? I hear both Burstbucker and BB pro's? What I can tell is they sound so amazing.. I can get 80's Metallica to modern System of a down to Classic GNR. Also I plan on my next paul to be an old LP... Any suggestions on what would be a great playing/Looking classic LP... I love the 57's through 59's especially the gold tops...

Merry Christmas and once again every one of your guitars are just jaw dropping amazing...

I believe they are Alnico V BurstBucker Pro pickups. Although I don't own one I would love to have an R9 for my next Les Paul.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahaha' date=', im lovin the mischief/mayhem switch plate[/quote']

These guys did my custom truss rod plate and the togle plate. I am not sure if the toggle plate is even listed as an option, but if you e mail them they will do it for you. They send you an e mail with the design all drawn out and you approve it before they start the work. Took about a week, if it remember right.

http://www.customluthier.com/

My gosh' date=' GuitarJunkie...

Every single guitar you own is amazing. Breath-taking...

And now is the time to confess the I've been jealous since I set my eyes on your avatar. What a bold picture!!!!

Congratulations, maaaan! =D

EDIT: By the way, that burst is a R8, R9???[/quote']

Thanks for the kind words.

I'll let the syrup answer your question...

lpmb_01.jpg

lpmb_03.jpg

lpmb_06.jpg

You ARE a bold fella, aintcha? hahaha

My most sincere congratulations. I wanna be just like you when I grow up.

And I think the 58s are more manly than the 59's. Ok that was a lie - I just don't ike the R9s being pricer than the R8s.

What about that one on the righ that looks like a faded and has pu covers?

Keep up!

...I think the 58s are more manly than the 59's. Ok that was a lie - I just don't ike the R9s being pricer than the R8s.

What about that one on the righ that looks like a faded and has pu covers?

I also like everything about the R9s myself' date=' except the price.

Good eye. The one on the right is a 2007 Tobaccoburst faded Standard with Gibson covers added...

[img']http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/2manyGuitars/Faded%20LP/lpf_tb04.jpg[/img]

I should have done it in the original post, so from left to right;

- 2008 Honeyburst faded Standard (now sold)

- 2001 Classic Plus (with Florance VooDoo '59s)

- 2008 R8 in Mapleburst

- 2007 Tobaccoburst faded Standard

(in front)

- 1995 Les Paul Special

- 2007 GOTW Nashville Les Paul Junior (made in 2008)

Kubog:

It's really amazing to see that you also have a Standard Faded and a 1988 Les Paul, just like me. Stange, haha...

How do you like your '88? My '88 Standard also has an ebony fretboard, it's a great sounding rock machine that plays great. I'm very curious about yours, since I haven't spoken someone with a comparable Les Paul from the same year before....

I think those 80's Customs/Standards are one of the greatest LP rock machines, especially those with the ebony boards.

Archived