Gibson Brands Forums

Is It Possible....?

Murph

Do you think there IS indeed a ying / yang, a balance in the universe, and such?

Do you think the amount of pain you'll endure will be equal to the amount of pleasure you've received?

I was blessed to gig bars for some 35+ years, rode motorcycles through the Arizona desert as a young man, did construction work for many decades and enjoyed the finest herbs, tobaccos, beers and other things for many, many years.

But some of those collisions, close calls and bad decisions are now (it seems) causing little aches and pains to become constant reminders that I had a helluva good time................

:-k

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trust me, I couldn't have done a quarter of your activities and I suffer from an elusive arthritis that comes and goes and makes me feel about 40 years older than I am on any random day (I'm only 45). So, unless I'm paying for a previous life's sins, I'm just unlucky.

As the Butthole Surfers once advised, "Remember, son, it's better to regret something you have done than something you haven't. And by the way if you see your mother tell her "SATAN! SATAN! SATAN!"

Ships and sailors rot in port.

NOT IF IT IS A GOOD 'LIBERTY PORT' !

Seriously, Murf, It is hard to imagine a force, a celestial scorekeeper, that could balance the subjectivity of the joys and pains we feel throughout our lives so that we come out 'even' before we die. While many believe in a final reckoning, or settling of accounts after we die (Judeo-Christianity 101) it is true that some feel the reckoning and balancing takes place before we die. I just don't see proof of it: Too many instances of "The Good Die Young" and "Evil Prospers" Of course, if you drink a fifth of Jim Beam every day, you can expect there will be consequences before you die. Actually - the actual death might be the consequence.

Well, over 3500 years of Chinese literature and culture consider yin/yang. If you consider yin/yang, for every balance there is unbalance. The question(s) you are contemplating, or maybe you're just playing, are as old as mankind. We live in a physical world of cause and effect, which is reflected in the metaphysical world by belief in karma. But, who knows? Them that know are on the other side and can't relay the truth to us. But, for me, I am most attracted to Zen. You have your zen and I have mine...so to speak, lol. But what really attracted me to zen the most, years ago, is when I read some old master from like 800 A.D. or so and he said that the closest thing to zen (the zen state) is playing music, which most all of us here have in common. I don't have the discipline to go whole hog in the pursuit of Zen but I do have the discipline to practice playing the guitar.

haha..cha'mone indeed

not the best of the scetches of Mr Jackson and Bo...tho PM...some are pure class

"get outtahere

MUDDAFUKER!"

heheh x

No, but most of it is not suitable for here. There's a few delicate souls.

Ps. remember no jokes about Christianity either. Let this be a timely reminder that it's 'hallowed be thy name' not 'Hahahahallowed be thy name'.

No, but most of it is not suitable for here. There's a few delicate souls.

Ps. remember no jokes about Christianity either. Let this be a timely reminder that it's 'hallowed be thy name' not 'Hahahahallowed be they name'.

Well..hmmm?

I think you know the rules of us continental bandits..unless you KNOW someone..you never talk about

Polotics

Religion

or

Sex

I try to live by that code..and it has helped me survive various attempts on my being ;)

Dying for perpetrating mockery? Surely you jest, how mentally unsound any individual or group would be to court such ideas.

of course PM...u don't think for 1 moment do you ????

but remeber

"If you ever find yourself in Houston

Boy you better walk right"

( and oif course Im assuming you know of the quote from Lennon and the ruckus it produced...bleedin mental in it !!!! )

of course PM...u don't think for 1 moment do you ????

but remeber

"If you ever find yourself in Houston

Boy you better walk right"

( and oif course Im assuming you know of the quote from Lennon and the ruckus it produced...bleedin mental in it !!!! )

Then surely that says more about the place & people of Houston than it does about a man with a few jokes.

Then surely that says more about the place & people of Houston than it does about a man with a few jokes.

Are u winding me up..or are you missing the point...? haha

I gave the Lennon quote " Bigger than Jesus" to show how some people can get overly upset from a QUIP..... from a pop star ( if religion is involved )

then I gave a blues lyric...first recorded by Huddy Leadbetter..or Led Belly....about being a Black man in Texas

surely...you see where i am comming from ..:P

EDIT

"then I gave a blues lyric...first recorded by Huddy Leadbetter..or Led Belly....about being a Black man in Texas"

i should say about being a Black man in texas in the 1930's

I would love to visit Texas someday...I hear there's some mighty fine people down there :~)

Well we didn't think you meant now seeing as ledbelly died in the 40's

:P

Archived