Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Electrics

JuanCarlosVejar

Folks ,

I've never been an electric guy ... but having seen this video and just all the construccion details that were shown I think I am really loving what these people do !!! my favorite part was when Mike Voltz takes about the Michigan Maple with "Blister" in it ... that was really beautiful to see .

anyways this is just from a guy who loves gibson acoustics and is starting to love gibson electrics lol =)

JC

I've split my allegiance betwixt Gibsons and Fenders. I do have a soft spot for Gibby electrics though. My favorite is my 72 Gold Top. Next to that is an Epi Sheraton USA (John Lee Hooker w/o the signature).

I'm thinking Gibson and Guild have made great electrics and great acoustics. That's quite an accomplishment. And Gibson makes great mandolins, too. And there's a five-string thing called the "Mastertone" that is reputed to be pretty good.

Gibson is the only maker I can think of that excels in all these categories.

I've split my allegiance betwixt Gibsons and Fenders. I do have a soft spot for Gibby electrics though. My favorite is my 72 Gold Top. Next to that is an Epi Sheraton USA (John Lee Hooker w/o the signature).

I'm thinking Gibson and Guild have made great electrics and great acoustics. That's quite an accomplishment. And Gibson makes great mandolins, too. And there's a five-string thing called the "Mastertone" that is reputed to be pretty good.

Gibson is the only maker I can think of that excels in all these categories.

they made ukues for a while too ... Paul Mccartney plays a gibson uke

JC

If I started in bands again, I would have just one of these with the P90 pickup - decent tube amp (Mesa?) and it would be just wicked but very simple - off course we need a decent setup by a luthier:

http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=31160

or

http://www.sweetwate...detail/SGP90LH/

BluesKing777.

Archived