Gibson Brands Forums

MV's Pelham Blue J 45

JuanCarlosVejar

I have a Gaultier short jacket ( in a denim stylee ) almost the exact same colour... nice pair of white Levi's,,, olive green t shirt and a pair of desert boots

oh yeah..wud look a treat

No, no, no, no.... I'm picturing a tall oompah-loompah. Far be it from me to be a sartorial nose poker-inner but....

Too strong a colour for a man with grey hair...

White jeans are a no, no. Unless you're on masterchef, playing cricket, or work at the front counter in a butchers shop. They're just a no!

Olive green and turquoise is going to be a heady mix, like seasickness on dry land. This is tomfoolery with a masochistic whiff of danger.

If you're going to go out in public with this guitar (for a dare I'm assuming) keep the dezzy boots and rework the rest, don't try to colour blend with this guitar you need a more muted hues range and let the guitar do the 'talking' as it were.

Sorry, that's horrendous looking. I hate it so much I want to take it in a time machine back to biblical times and throw stones at it, then drown it for being a witch.

Well we've discussed this one at length, and you know my preconceptions of the whole idea. But having seen it, it's not nearly as bad as I imagined. It might look better with a Fender headstock in matching blue, but it doesn't clash with the trad Gibby head as much as I expected. I would not choose one over any other currently available finish at full price. Even the gold top would beat it on those terms. But if it were going for a song and sounded as good as Pony's one appears to (listening on my ancient craptop with tin(n)y speakers, so not sure), I could be tempted. Certainly like Dan, I would not kick it out of a jam circle, and I might be tempted to kick out the jams on it. That said, I really can't imagine why anybody would choose this one over a nice burst version. So I can't imagine how it would ever make it to a jam circle. Unless it were a really exceptional sounding example. Smacks of an attempt at whittling down the warehouse full of odd versions. If it is not one of those excess guitars, but has been ordered since Bozeman guitar forest came into existence, then it is an exceptionally bad idea. If it is one of the oddballs, then I think the price really needs to be made right. I can see how the tactic of marketing special editions might be a way of off-loading the stock with minimal loss. But some versions might just need to be sold off cheap to get shut of them. Unlike Bobouz, I think the white pickguard is one of the things that saves this guitar from total style oblivion.

I think the headstock and the white pickguard are OK for it. Since it is a limited run, I believe all these guitars will find their home. Having said this, I think that a light blue colour matches Fender style electrics better than most other guitars.

No, no, no, no.... I'm picturing a tall oompah-loompah. Far be it from me to be a sartorial nose poker-inner but....

Too strong a colour for a man with grey hair...

White jeans are a no, no. Unless you're on masterchef, playing cricket, or work at the front counter in a butchers shop. They're just a no!

Olive green and turquoise is going to be a heady mix, like seasickness on dry land. This is tomfoolery with a masochistic whiff of danger.

If you're going to go out in public with this guitar (for a dare I'm assuming) keep the dezzy boots and rework the rest, don't try to colour blend with this guitar you need a more muted hues range and let the guitar do the 'talking' as it were.

HA !

what balderdash...... men of style have been wearing white trousers with a darker sports jacket long before your foolish idea's of running shoes and addidass tops were thought of as fashionable....

I mean a fine Olive green by the way...more on the sea weed side !

And If I was Tom Fool enough to have the funds to own this guitar and be playing it on stage..I would probably be dying my grey hairs..although a shower and a bit of olive oil seems to do fine for now..

Stick that in ya Saville Row flute and smoke it ;)

HA !

what balderdash...... men of style have been wearing white trousers with a darker sports jacket long before your foolish idea's of running shoes and addidass tops were thought of as fashionable....

I mean a fine Olive green by the way...more on the sea weed side !

And If I was Tom Fool enough to have the funds to own this guitar and be playing it on stage..I would probably be dying my grey hairs..although a shower and a bit of olive oil seems to do fine for now..

Stick that in ya Saville Row flute and smoke it ;)

Poppycock! Unless you're David Niven, or a Lebanese pimp White trousers are a no! Especially if you're going to mix sea-weed and turquoise in... it's heresy. You'll be like that budget outfit ye used to see in a freemans, Kays or Empire Stores catalogues. Next stop is pretending you're on a boat and pointing over yonder past the camera.

Adidas tops? Take that back!!!! Adidas tops are for benefits claimants.Wouldn't touch one with a stolen mickey.

Sorry, that's horrendous looking. I hate it so much I want to take it in a time machine back to biblical times and throw stones at it, then drown it for being a witch.

LOL....Might be a great guitar for the blues??? I'm not a fan of "painter" guitars, it has to affect the sound, no? In this case, I think they should have NOT painted the neck. That would help....a little......I think.......on second thought...........A few dings in this guitar and I think it would look like crap......That paint finish would show everything....

Actually think you are right about the tulips JCV - if we're gonna play, lets play.

I have a very hard time with blue guitars, must say. But it could be much worse.

Yes, it's connected to the Gold Top - So what'll be the next, , , , a fire-engine red with golden guard and tuners in December !?

Sounds good - like the average J-45, , , no, that's better than good.

(Guess this one freaks Wily totally out -)

Archived