Gibson Brands Forums

Does anyone see anything similar between these two guitars???

onewilyfool

No...they look about $3000 different.

Gibson should revamp the Blues King with mahogany instead of bubinga, open-back 3 on a plate rather than Grover rotomatics, and no electronics and keep a street price near $2000.

No...they look about $3000 different.

Gibson should revamp the Blues King with mahogany instead of bubinga, open-back 3 on a plate rather than Grover rotomatics, and no electronics and keep a street price near $2000.

Agree! But then they wouldn't sell so many $5,000 L-00s.

Per Martin's website, the specs on the CEO-7 look very sweet!

Pleasantly surprised to see an ebony fingerboard & bridge

(as opposed to the Richlite of some earlier CEO models),

along with the shorter scale, dovetail, & standard bracing.

Reasonable price point & worth a serious look, imho.

This is the second time Martin has looked to Gibson for inspiration…..anyone remember the CEO-6 slope shoulder Dread with the Gibson like script logo???? What is going on??? This CEO-7 looks exactly like a Gibson L-00!!!???

Not exactly, but very similar. Even the 'burst is Gibson-esque, which is unusual for Martin. I read somewhere that they did this guitar specifically as a bit of an homage to the small-bodied Gibsons of the 1930's.

Why they look NOTHING alike. One has a nice stripped pickguard the other a very typical-boring pickgard! [rolleyes]

Maybe Epiphone is building the Martin for them with the $$$ difference.

Aster

I have been gassing for an L-00 but the prices are too high. I bought a Loar LO-16-BK and fellows it is a killer sounding guitar. It was one of the "manufacturers refurbished", in other words something that didn't get by the factory QC, a second so to speak. It has a small area on the edge of the headstock that the buffer got the black finish a little too hard, NOTHING else wrong! I don't think anyone would notice. At any rate a new, never owned guitar for $239.00 shipped. Now I have my L-00! I can't believe how good it sounds.

I tried one out and while the sound was really great, the burst did NOT look as good as that last pic from Big Kahune!

I am not that keen on guitars with a burst front and a natural back/sides - always looks like the back should be darker like my BK and J45, which are very similar to my parent's old piano!

I was looking for something a bit different though - I have a hog om18v - and bought the HD28v, but somebody bought That CEO7 while I looked at the other stuff in the shop.

BluesKing777.

Archived