Gibson Brands Forums

New Guitar Day

RevDavidLee

I had never played a Bedell guitar before today and I stopped in to see my friend John who owns a guitar store here in town. He's a dealer for these (along with Martin, Taylor, etc) and he said I needed to go into the acoustic room and check out the Bedell guitars. So I did. And an hour later and a little over a thousand dollars later I left with my very first Bedell guitar. Its a parlor sized guitar and the fit, finish and tone were simply stunning. Even not plugged it - the guitar was loud. The notes were articulate, and rang out true and beautifully. The design and adornments were also very stunning. A Martin with all this would have easily cost three times as much and I'm just very pleased with this purchase today. I took some photos for your enjoyment - here's the link:

http://www.rivercityrockets.com/BedellKennyLoggins.html

If anyone else owns a Bedell guitar please chime in. Thanks for reading [thumbup]

WOW OWOWOWOWOW

That! is a nice guitar. I rarely am in awe of the guitars people get on here, I mean...either cus I have similar or ain't my thing but that there is a prize. Grats, majorly.

Thanks everyone. I played it all evening. Its been a good day. I see several others have posted NGD threads too so happy NGD to everyone. [thumbup]

I knew something different was going to happen because the 2014 Gibson line just doesn't excite me at all (sadly) and I went outside the usual brand lines I love - and found some new excitement. I enjoy it particularly when you're not even looking for something and "oops" there it is. [biggrin]

Night all [smile]

I dont play much acoustic at all but that is a serious beautiful guitar,seems like you scored big time.I really dig the parlor size so any acoustic I ever did buy was a parlor size a good one can be a big sound in a small package.I looked through the 2014 catalog http://bedellguitars.com/ and as much as I dig yours and prefer a parlor sized acoustic I really love the looks of the Bedell Ridgetop jumbo. I would love to find a page with someone playing the Bidells just to hear their tones.Again great score!BTW my dads name was David Lee.

I had never played a Bedell guitar before today and I stopped in to see my friend John who owns a guitar store here in town. He's a dealer for these (along with Martin, Taylor, etc) and he said I needed to go into the acoustic room and check out the Bedell guitars. So I did. And an hour later and a little over a thousand dollars later I left with my very first Bedell guitar. Its a parlor sized guitar and the fit, finish and tone were simply stunning. Even not plugged it - the guitar was loud. The notes were articulate, and rang out true and beautifully. The design and adornments were also very stunning. A Martin with all this would have easily cost three times as much and I'm just very pleased with this purchase today. I took some photos for your enjoyment - here's the link:

http://www.rivercityrockets.com/BedellKennyLoggins.html

If anyone else owns a Bedell guitar please chime in. Thanks for reading [thumbup]

that's is sweet, enjoy.

Archived