Gibson Brands Forums

Ren's J-200

duluthdan

For those who might be interested, I have consigned Ren Ferguson’s J-200 for sale at Wildwood Guitars in Colorado, along with my Jackson Browne. Over the years I tried and played many J-200s, and this one, hand picked by Ren off the assembly line, is nothing short of magical. Life gets in the way sometimes. Though I’d rather not sell these two, I am left with two very fun J-45s, the TV and the Legend.

http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/products/00802049.php?CategoryID=121&n=20

http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/products/10172045.php?CategoryID=121&n=21

j2009_zps9bbd0036.jpg

Man. Such a short time together with the Ren '200 & the JB. Hope everything is alright, and that there's not been a dramatic change with your eyesight challenges. It would be great if those two would find a home with someone here on the forum; that way, "if things change..."

Wishing you the best.

Oh no, those 2 belong in your herd, Duluth. But I read what you're saying and think I understand.

That warm maple Jumbo would be welcome here around X-mas. I'm sure it is a stunner.

My collection however, cannot be allowed to grow further. I'm on the thinning trail too soon.

Glad you keep the slopes stringed and ready.

That Jackson Browne Model 1 is probably the only newer Gibson that really gets me all worked up. Made an oath though never to buy any guitar that required more than a $1500 cash outlay. Wonder how Wildwood would feel about me throwing a '46 LG-2 into the mix. Wouldn't get me close enough anyway so I reckon I will just continue to worship from afar.

Great looking guitars at great prices. I doubt they'll be around very long.

Wildwood does some great pictures.

It had to be a difficult decision for you.

I bought my JB based on your comments about yours.

Best of luck Dan!

Dave

Dan,

Those guitars are absolutely stunning. The golden corduroy top on the J-200 is beyond anything I've seen.

I hope you can't sell them and you are stuck with them forever. On the other hand I hope if they really must go they'll do so on terms that are truly helpful to you.

And like JCV said, we here for you if you need to vent.

My sincere prayers are with you.

FMA

The J-200 is gone already from the Wildwood website. If it sold already (3 whole days), someone's getting one helluva fine guitar ! If someone off this forum bought it, congrats ! [thumbup] At this time, in this place, it was the right thing for me to do.

The J-200 is gone already from the Wildwood website. If it sold already (3 whole days), someone's getting one helluva fine guitar ! If someone off this forum bought it, congrats ! [thumbup] At this time, in this place, it was the right thing for me to do.

Imagined the guitar wouldn't stay by Wildwood for long - Best wishes for you and the 200. . .

Archived