Gibson Brands Forums

The Haul

Ryan H

So, we had a topic about self-gifting, but now that [insert holiday celebration] morning is done for everyone by now, what else have you all gotten?

I got a 10-in-1 Guitarist Multitool by Cruztools (all the screwdrivers and hex wrenches and such).

ebWlR3e.png

Also got an automatic centerpunch for marking holes for my pedal builds...

cZZ2Nwh.png

Got a nice 6-inch digital caliper.

W07sGWi.png

And probably the coolest thing...an iRig Pre. Nice little portable mic preamp for iOS.

NDbTKSh.png

-Ryan

It was a small Christmas for me, but that's fine with me. The only guitar related gift I got was this cool sign that my wife ordered. Now I just have to decide to hang it in my basement or out near the bar on our sun-room.

GuitarLounge_zpse8e8100b.jpg

No receiving.... I told all my family in advance for me it was all about giving this Christmas..... I gave myself enough stuff....

A great feeling not to receive any material things this Christmas.... I wanted to make 2014 all about giving [thumbup]

"Manalishi"

While purchased several months ago, it precluded me wanting any gifts for myself whatsoever considering the decline in my current financial condition due to the economy and the fallout on my income from my job...

If I'm keeping "Manalishi" (and that's not in question) not only am I selling "Blue" (and probably my LIne 6 DT50 & Pod HD500X rig) I just couldn't feel comfortable even receiving a gift this year, let alone getting myself anything...

My gift was the potential not to have to sell my truck...

Fortunately my family was understanding and any Christmas gifts were reserved for my daughter and maybe a small item or two for the wife...

My wife and I always set aside money during the year to do a little Christmas Shopping with. This year we ended up spending it all on HVAC work, a plumbing problem and medical tests for our dog Sasha. She has liver cancer and this will be her last Christmas. The knowledge that she is not in pain and that we can made her last few months her best are our gift this year. Time for another trip to the park.

10462877_873135142710418_2267186067002251912_n.jpg?oh=ead48246a83fa0a844bb490ac349e900&oe=55436D60

My wife and I always set aside money during the year to do a little Christmas Shopping with. This year we ended up spending it all on HVAC work, a plumbing problem and medical tests for our dog Sasha. She has liver cancer and this will be her last Christmas. The knowledge that she is not in pain and that we can made her last few months her best are our gift this year. Time for another trip to the park.

10462877_873135142710418_2267186067002251912_n.jpg?oh=ead48246a83fa0a844bb490ac349e900&oe=55436D60

really nice pic. I'm glad she's not in pain. we're in a similar situation with Boris. this was more than likely his last Christmas. He got spoiled this year.

I know that place. Being half Greek, I loved seeing the Parthenon in Nashville.

Sorry to hear about your dog.

The knowledge that she is not in pain and that we can made her last few months her best are our gift this year. Time for another trip to the park.

Sorry about the pup, Searcy. She's lucky to have good people to care for her.

My wife and I went to Universal Studios Florida this Thanksgiving, so we made that our gift to each other. We both broke the rules and got each other some little things. Guitar related, she bought me a book of guitar photos some rare and beautiful specimens photographed in there (such as the Fender Jaguar Strat; only 25 were made).

Archived