Gibson Brands Forums

"Going up the Country" - Canned Heat / WOODSTOCK '69

4Hayden

Before Blind Owl and Bob Hite started Canned Heat, Al had already assembled a huge collection of blues albums, and he was a blues historian, as was Bear. They found Skip James who had inspired much of their music and revived his career. These were not just a bunch og long haired druggies jamming, they were serious about the blues.

Before Blind Owl and Bob Hite started Canned Heat, Al had already assembled a huge collection of blues albums, and he was a blues historian, as was Bear. They found Skip James who had inspired much of their music and revived his career. These were not just a bunch og long haired druggies jamming, they were serious about the blues.

Bob seemed a genuinely "Nice Guy," as well. Don't know if he was, or not, but he always gave that "vibe" out.

CB

Yeah but you try to find something like that in everything in this business I think you went for the wrong M.O. Comedy troop is down the hall. msp_lol.gif

Damn right.... =D>=D> B)

Did you ever hear this? REALLY cool stuff

Still have and still play this double LP 'Hooker And Heat' which comprises a whole LP of Hooker with Wilson playing harp, just incredible...then another LP with the whole band....best version of "Whiskey and Wimmen" and I should have never sold the "Livin' The Blues" double either which had "Goin' Up The Country" on as well as "Pony Blues", "One Kind Favour" and the 40-minute "Refried Boogie".....

A GREAT band....

Yeah but you try to find something like that in everything in this business I think you went for the wrong M.O. Comedy troop is down the hall.

Maybe you and jd could show me where that is. Well, maybe you can't.....doesn't matter.

It's ok mate, I'll get Craig, our drummer to meet you there and he'll take you straight to the shack. I'll pull into the marina at that new refuelling wharf and top off the freshers and fuel tanks. All the bait and chum will be in the lower deck freezer no probs. Boonie (remember him, our rythm guitarist), he'll already be there when you and craig turn up. I shouldn't be too far behind. Don't forget to bring your Takamine and a slide with you. I'll bring a six string and so will boonie. Give us something to do in the evening time.

I'll get Boonie to show you how he plays and burps the national anthem, it's a crackup! Too funny (lol).

Hope this weather holds, that SW blows in, that'll stuff it right up.

Catch you there mate.

Archived