Gibson Brands Forums

Thought for the day…..

onewilyfool

Some guitar quotes:

“So I went ahead and made me a guitar. I got me a cigar box, I cut me a round hole in the middle of it, take me a little piece of plank, nailed it onto that cigar box, and I got me some screen wire and I made me a bridge back there and raised it up high enough that it would sound inside that little box, and got me a tune out of it. I kept my tune and I played from then on.”

― Lightnin' Hopkins

“You couldn't not like someone who liked the guitar.”

― Stephen King, The Stand

“To stand up on a stage alone with an acoustic guitar requires bravery bordering on heroism. Bordering on insanity.”

― Richard Thompson

“That's all I wanted to do as a kid. Play a guitar properly and jump around. But too many people got in the way.”

― Syd Barrett

“Unless you're a true prodigy, you're going to have to practice for a while being bad before you get any good. And it will seem like a waste of time. I remember that feeling well. But don't worry about wasting time, because it'll be so worth it. It's my experience that in the end, life lessons and guitar lessons begin to blur in all sorts of interesting ways.”

― Brad Paisley, Diary of a Player: How My Musical Heroes Made a Guitar Man Out of Me

I'm not good enough to be playin' much acoustic guitar onstage. Man, you gotta get so right; I mean, the tones, the feel, the sound. Plus, acoustic blues guitar is just that much harder on the fingers.

Johnny Winter

Artie travels all the time. The rehearsals were just miserable. Artie and I fought all the time. He didn't want to do the show with my band; he just wanted me on acoustic guitar.

Paul Simon

TwoGibsons3_zps66e97835.jpg

BluesKing777.

Archived