Gibson Brands Forums

No guitar for me for the forseable...

nick_s

Thanks chaps :)

I've been taking anti-inflammatories for now, docs booked for Tuesday. I don't suspect it's related to guitar playing but you never know. I have suffered carpal tunnel syndrome in my right hand as a result of my job but that eased as a result of a support.

I've got my eye on learning some jazz so the theory learning is a good idea [thumbup]

At least you're not in the situation of some competition roper friends who managed to lose a thumb or a finger or two taking dallies after making a catch.

Mousing actually hits both sides of my hand/wrist. That's kinda funny because when I was doing some stuff that coulda destroyed a lotta stuff in the hands, I never had a serious injury. Now just sitting at a desk worshiping "the glass god" of a computer screen, the wrist hurts. But "back then," I did intentionally study and figure out ways to play if I lost use of all or more of my hands, but assuming I'd keep both arms.

m

Guest Farnsbarns

Well, I'm off for an x-ray tomorrow as it's started getting worse :( Saw my doctor this morning who is suspecting some form of arthritis :(

Hoping it's something straightforward for you...

G'luck.

Archived