Gibson Brands Forums

Say a Prayer for Charleston SC..

xkimo

This is a link to his manifesto:

http://lastrhodesian.com/data/documents/rtf88.txt

He doesn't seem like a total moron, but he is a total asshole.

I am getting really sick of these racial crimes. Racism is so different in my country of origin. No violence is done to people we don't accept as equal nor are jobs kept from able people regardless of race or creed but we do not imitate them, we do not breed with them. We simply employ good manners and keep to ourselves. This may seem barbaric but it is very different from the hypocrisy seen in USA and it is less violent. Chinese groups do this. Indian groups do this. It certainly seems less evil to me, if you're going to choose to believe you're superior or different.

...and I agree with Clint...had just one of them had a gun AND known how to react with it...smh

Guns save lives,'protect property and stop crime every day in the US

I guess. For sure, if there weren't any, we wouldn't be having this tiresome conversation. It's become too old and too sad to have anymore. If grade school kids aren't enough then nothing is. My only hope anymore is that Mrs and I get out of this life without being touched by such a thing.

rct

And some say Eve hadn't tempted Adam we would all live for ever.

You'll will never get rid of guns in the USA because of the fact new gun laws will only affect those who lawfully use guns.

I wouldn't sweat it though. In 2010 there were 31,000 gun deaths in America. With a population of 300 million that equates to 0.01% of the population. In spite of the scary headlines all over the world, the U.S. is not a very violent place and it's very unlikely you will be gunned down.

1434688586[/url]' post='1668208']

It's really a shame that someone in the church wasn't armed. These sort of guys almost always surrender to the first armed person they encounter. Just as this clown did.

Sad..

Yes, church is a gun free zone but if the church elders agree, they can appoint someone with a carry permit within the church to stand guard out side. Our church does not allow that but they do have two members stand guard outside during service. We had thieves steal air conditioner copper pipe awhile back and it was very expensive to replace it. Sad it is in North Omaha where lots of shootings go on. My wife and I have done lots of work there in the evening. I agree with the Rev. I conceal carry but only when I'm in bad areas and at night. We've had shootings around our neighborhood so if I'm outside in the dark I wear black so I'm not a stand out target. Lol

1434816454[/url]' post='1668584']

More guns will prevent such high body counts. Banning gun free zones will remove the soft targets these weak minded people seek out. This guy wanted to shoot black people and start a race war. Did he go to the projects of Detroit or DC? Did he go to Compton and shoot at Bloods and Crips? No, he went where he knew there would be no resistance.

Guns save lives,'protect property and stop crime every day in the US

Amen to that! I read articles in the NRA magazine where law abiding citizens stop lots of crime all over because the criminal picked on the wrong person. If my wife and I are to be downtown late at night in a bad area, I carry mine. Even if we are going to a gun free zone. It's concealed so don't advertise it, no one knows. But on the long walk back to the car, blocks away you know you can protect yourself. Thank God I have never had to use mine and pray I never do. Some gun free zones are taking those signs down and welcoming carry now. When they had the mass shooting at West roads awhile back, it was a gun free zone. Not anymore. Now conceal carry is welcome. The criminal loves gun free zones! It's his target to do what he wants with no resistance. What they need is to get tougher on crime.

Amen to that! I read articles in the NRA magazine

Someone needs to get across to the NRA ilk that owning a gun does not make one a super hero. If the goof at the church shot the armed guy first that'd leave the rest to suffer through his pissed offedness at being challenged.

I do understand it is best to now go off to the way far nowhere and make it look like the flag over the capital is the problem.

rct

I get your point, but do we really want firearms at houses of worship?

I was talking more about the cult-ish-ness of mixing firearms and religion. Makes me think of David Koresh or <insert Islamic extremist group>.

1435064486[/url]' post='1669394']

Someone needs to get across to the NRA ilk that owning a gun does not make one a super hero. If the goof at the church shot the armed guy first that'd leave the rest to suffer through his pissed offedness at being challenged.

I do understand it is best to now go off to the way far nowhere and make it look like the flag over the capital is the problem.

rct

In Omaha you now drive around and see a police car parked in front of many Schools. That was none existence when I was growing up and hasn't appeared till I hit retirement age! Look at airports now. They basically have you strip down before you can get in. Now we have body scanners that can see right through your clothes. Shoes off, all pockets empty. Jewelry off. Guards out side of churches. The Bible predicts that in the last times, crime will increase! I think we are seeing the beginnings of that.

If the goof at the church shot the armed guy first that'd leave the rest to suffer through his pissed offedness at being challenged.

And when it came time to decide which of his targets would be the armed one he would have had an 11% chance of guessing right instead of a 100%. But most likely he would have just given up if he had been confronted by someone who was armed. Just as he did a few hours later. Confrontation is not the goal of these freaks. High body count is their goal.

If the church leaders don't want guns in their building then I respect that. The problem is that there are others who do not respect that.

As for the religious matters... Well, everyone is free to indulge or ignore whatever superstitions thay like so long as they respect my right to do the same. [thumbup]

And when it came time to decide which of his targets would be the armed one he would have had an 11% chance of guessing right instead of a 100%. But most likely he would have just given up if he had been confronted by someone who was armed. Just as he did a few hours later. Confrontation is not the goal of these freaks. High body count is their goal.

If the church leaders don't want guns in their building then I respect that. The problem is that there are others who do not respect that.

As for the religious matters... Well, everyone is free to indulge or ignore whatever superstitions thay like so long as they respect my right to do the same. [thumbup]

+1

And when it came time to decide which of his targets would be the armed one he would have had an 11% chance of guessing right instead of a 100%.

Okay, I'll play. The one with the gun is the one who is fumbling for it, not the ones who are ducking or running.

I see some validity in all sides of this discussion. Fewer guns means fewer deaths, but as a gun culture, we have reached the point of no return. Responsible gun owners should have guns, but they (and the second amendment) are the reason why so many who shouldn't have them do have them. Perhaps it is time to change that amendment and enforce it.

How People Get Guns Illegally

It is interesting to note that many guns are obtained illegally through dealers who deal out of their homes. I'll bet some of us on this board remember someone like that who got banned from this board. Perhaps the second amendment could be changed to try to prevent that.

The Bible predicts that in the last times, crime will increase! I think we are seeing the beginnings of that.

You do know that violent crime in the US has been on the decline the past 20 years or so?

Okay, I'll play. The one with the gun is the one who is fumbling for it, not the ones who are ducking or running.

Gun owners/users/Second Amendmenters do not and will not fumble for the weapon that God granted them the right to carry. As the foremost do-gooders of America, they will draw, aim, and fire, succesfully killing the enemy combatant and only the enemy combatant, using a minimum of ammunition. They would then ensure an orderly evacuation of the premises and de-brief the heroic first responders in one of the tanks belonging to the police department parked in the parking lot.

I see some validity in all sides of this discussion. Fewer guns means fewer deaths, but as a gun culture, we have reached the point of no return.

I don't agree. The only thing stopping change is doing the same thing we did yesterday. The Second Amendment has nourished and fed the delusions of so many for so many yesterdays that it is difficult for sure, but it only takes one act of courage and will to try and change the way things are. By the use of this to protect them you are saying that my neighborhood and every other neighborhood gets to the point of no return and there is no use trying anymore. Myself and all of my neighbors will not abide by that. We have worked hard to keep up our houses, we have struggled with the township to help us do what they will not do. If it were guns we would all be doing the same things.

Responsible gun owners should have guns, but they (and the second amendment) are the reason why so many who shouldn't have them do have them. Perhaps it is time to change that amendment and enforce it.

The very same people skwawk incessantly about wanting change, just not that change. Weird how everything else can be accomplished through political will, and it will change things if we do this and if we do that, but when it comes to guns, the only change this country needs it to have MORE guns in MORE places that already do not want them. Democracy and let the market decide, until of course those two things completely obviate what it is people want.

It is interesting to note that many guns are obtained illegally through dealers who deal out of their homes. I'll bet some of us on this board remember someone like that who got banned from this board. Perhaps the second amendment could be changed to try to prevent that.

All politics is local. Attempting to change our deplorable gun situation by starting at the top, the most coveted, most revered, more valuable than the Holy Bible itself or this years NASCAR schedule Second Amendment is one of the best self-serving non-starters ever concocted by a couple hundred thousand lunatics.

Do it in your town, on your street. Start there. Up it will go after a long time of trying, but it will go up.

rct

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It really is a hard subject, and it divides more than any other that I can think of. I really do wish we could develop the spine to do something about it as a culture, as a nation, as a nationality even.

rct

milod made a point in a post not too long ago about what we have become as a nation. There is not enough decency and respect in today's society, even among those who describe themselves as religious or spiritual. Certainly there are those who don't value human life, not even their own. But there are others who feel that their sense of righteousness must rule over other's, even if it means taking a life. The internet fuels this attitude of righteousness. There are others who feel that they have been left out of the system because they can't or won't attempt to function within it, or they try and fail. Poverty causes people to do desperate things. We need positive influences- people who want to build up instead of tearing down... people who want to move forward instead of looking backwards... people who know that lives matter. Mutual respect.

Speaking as an outsider, I honestly don't understand the obsession with guns that people in the U.S have. Here in the U.K guns are illegal with the exception of rifles for hunting etc (although there are a few gun clubs who use guns on their own firing ranges but no ware else). Anyone who has such a gun has to keep it and it's ammunition in separate places and locked inside specifically designed steel cupboards. This all has to be inspected by the police and they can drop in at anytime to check it (and they do).

Now I'm not saying that there aren't criminals with illegal guns but gun crime is a relative unknown, and anyone caught with an illegal gun is certainly going to do time for having it.

I would have thought with all the gun related massacres that we hear of coming out of the States people would have got fed up with them by now. Last year when I was in Memphis I was talking to a Police Officer who was amazed that I didn't own a gun and had never fired one. He told me that he had seven!

As I see it you have several problems introducing any sort of gun control in the States, firstly there are to many people making to much money from guns and canvasing the politician's and secondly, once the genie's out of the bottle, it ain't so easy to get it back in. Guns are the cause of your problem, not the solution.

Ian

I think you nailed it Ian. When you have a problem, you have to recognize it. If you're gonna change, you have to want to change.

The need to survive by killing your own food is long past. People need guns because it empowers them. It gives them a sense of security and a sense that they can control certain situations. The obsessions: Fear and Power. Most will tell you that guns are their hobby, but why that hobby?

So long as you guys keep figuring that owning a gun equates to some sort of obsession with guns you'll never really understand the issue.

Snarky sarcasm is fun but it doesn't change the facts. Guns are legal for U.S. citizens to own. They will be until someone suspends the U.S. Constitution. Guns save lives and stop crime every single day in the U.S. and they are not anything get your panties in a wad over. They are just guns. If they banned them in your country and you're OK with that then bully for you. But your chances of being stabbed in the UK are higher than your chances of being shot in the U.S. [thumbup]

You do know that violent crime in the US has been on the decline the past 20 years or so?

Surprisingly few people are aware of this. Many will argue that crime and violence is just getting worse and worse. I think it's mostly because violent stories of tragedy are the only ones we pay any attention too. Especially if they reinforce our own prejudices about (guns, race, religion, poverty,ect). Then we point and say "See??! I told you so!!"

unfortunately there will always be racism, there will always be hate, there will always be bad guys wanting to do harm , the good guys need to be able to defend themselves. Didn't Star Trek teach you guys anything ?

Archived