Gibson Brands Forums

Orange Rockerverb 100 MKIII 100 Watt Tube Head

Rabs

If anyone is looking for a decent solid state amp for gigging and likes the Rockaverb sound, then I'd highly recomment checking out the CR120H model. I good friend bought one for about 400 US and it is a much better amp than my Hiwatt equivalent IMO. lots of videos on them on youtube including by many of the 'major' youtube reviewers (not the stores). Never heard a bad word about them.

for example...

Impressive...I would have jumped on that 35-40 years ago. Now its smaller amps...smaller venues, and 6-9pm gigs...LOL Maybe 7-11pm in private clubs.

Yup. My response was going to be "we got no place to use that anymore", you beat me to it.

rct

Impressive...I would have jumped on that 35-40 years ago. Now its smaller amps...smaller venues, and 6-9pm gigs...LOL Maybe 7-11pm in private clubs.

Yup. My response was going to be "we got no place to use that anymore", you beat me to it.

rct

Ditto. even 50 watts is way too much. 15 to 30 watts gets it done. and even then the soundman complains.

Ditto. even 50 watts is way too much. 15 to 30 watts gets it done. and even then the soundman complains.

Well he says (about 50secs in) that at the back you can switch two of the tubes off which in combination with the attenuator gets it down to 30w

which is pretty cool [thumbup]

Well he says (about 50secs in) that at the back you can switch two of the tubes off which in combination with the attenuator gets it down to 30w

which is pretty cool [thumbup]

30 watts will still rip your face off! And the faces of the first few rows. [biggrin]

30 watts will still rip your face off! And the faces of the first few rows. [biggrin]

Yes, and they almost shattered my window. I got the impresion everything in the room was vibrating and moving.

But the good thing about those amps is that you can switch down the output.

I can bring my TH30 from 30 to 15 and then to 7, wich still is pretty loud.

I actually own this bad boy and it is hands down my favorite modern amp. The power scaling features and attenuator are extremely useful; doesn't sound like garbage on either of those settings. Compared to the Terror offerings Orange has available this is much more full sounding on 30w atteunated vs any of those amps. I had a TT and JRT for awhile. The clean has more sparkle than the MKII (guilty I have that head too...), they worked out the reverb as well though I have to admit I like the MKII reverb as it gets crazy out of hand real quick. The MKIII reverb is much more controlled and great for some slap or that something extra during a lead. I pretty much play this amp and my OR anymore - loves the 335s! Mesa is gone... Fender is gone.... Vox is gone. Orange did an awesome job on this amp, [thumbup]

Archived