Gibson Brands Forums

W.O.Y.M.T. ? Thread.

Digger

I suppose the state of Florida wouldn't mind sending you a few hundred Burmese Pythons and maybe some Nile Monitors to help with your plight.

Just kidding, Australian government!!!

What's on my mind is Spring getting here. Today was spent servicing and riding motorcycles in preparation for the riding season.

The first full week of riding is always just so exhausting as you get used to it all over again.

Sure and in exchange we can send some Eastern brown snakes and Blue ring octopus!! We'll throw in a few possums as well seeing as how the Kiwis love 'em so much....Grin~

Happy to negotiate a few "Salties" and maybe a Camel or too, maybe even some Water Buffalo? How are you for Foxes? Easy for me to package up a few breeding pairs of European Rabbits (God know we have plenty) and a couple of kilos of Cane Toads.

Whats your address again?

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure and in exchange we can send some Eastern brown snakes and Blue ring octopus!! We'll throw in a few possums as well seeing as how the Kiwis love 'em so much....Grin~

Happy to negotiate a few "Salties" and maybe a Camel or too, maybe even some Water Buffalo? How are you for Foxes? Easy for me to package up a few breeding pairs of European Rabbits (God know we have plenty) and a couple of kilos of Cane Toads.

If I come for a visit, how many can I smuggle home on the airplane in my pants?

1456706748[/url]' post='1746168']

Nah! We have plenty of Possums here already. I trap them and release them far away. Water buffalo would end up in a zoo or in Florida. We have Fox and the ocean critters are fine. Ocean is 2 or 3 days away from us. Send them those Cat sharks. Those were cool. Or the falling bears. I have a .410 pistol for those snakes. It also shoots .45 long Colt and .454 casual in 6 rounds, any order so it covers a wide range of defense. Look it up, it's called The Raging Judge, and it's a Taurus revolver and a Monster!

Nah! We have plenty of Possums here already. I trap them and release them far away. Water buffalo would end up in a zoo or in Florida. We have Fox and the ocean critters are fine. Ocean is 2 or 3 days away from us. Send them those Cat sharks. Those were cool. Or the falling bears. I have a .410 pistol for those snakes. It also shoots .45 long Colt and .454 casual in 6 rounds, any order so it covers a wide range of defense. Look it up, it's called The Raging Judge, and it's a Taurus revolver and a Monster!

Trust me, you don't want "Drop Bears".

And look how cute our Possums are?

IMG_5249.jpg

My Mum appeared to be close to the end over the last few days and we were expecting something to happen soon. She could barely speak or walk and wasn't able to eat at all.

We have been up there every 5 minutes doing all we could for them both and rung and told Rellos to expect the worst.

When we went up early this morning she walked steadily to the door with a piece of toast & Vegemite in her mouth and then ate the bloody lot! (Vegemite = Jewish penicillin obviously)

What an amazing difference!

We have both been not sleeping just so worried about the oldies, and this was an enormous weight off us this morning even if only temporary.

I think your prayers and good vibes have actually done the job dear friends.

I know there is only one conclusion to this illness but we will take whatever grace we are given & thank you all so much.

My Mum appeared to be close to the end over the last few days and we were expecting something to happen soon. She could barely speak or walk and wasn't able to eat at all.

We have been up there every 5 minutes doing all we could for them both and rung and told Rellos to expect the worst.

When we went up early this morning she walked steadily to the door with a piece of toast & Vegemite in her mouth and then ate the bloody lot! (Vegemite = Jewish penicillin obviously)

What an amazing difference!

We have both been not sleeping just so worried about the oldies, and this was an enormous weight off us this morning even if only temporary.

I think your prayers and good vibes have actually done the job dear friends.

I know there is only one conclusion to this illness but we will take whatever grace we are given & thank you all so much.

What great news Dig, now you both get some rest. you'll be no good if you go crook. {did I use that right?} Will continue to pray for all, He is the Great Physician. God Bless.

TC

What great news Dig, now you both get some rest. you'll be no good if you go crook. {did I use that right?} Will continue to pray for all, He is the Great Physician. God Bless.

TC

Chuckle....get crook. Good try my friend, you almost speak "Strine".

I'm sure your efforts have paid dividends and many thanks once again.

1457059508[/url]' post='1747729']

What great news Dig, now you both get some rest. Will continue to pray for all, He is the Great Physician. God Bless.

TC

msp_thumbup.gif Amen! And that doesn't look like our possums here. Ours look like giant Rats. Gross looking.

Almost forgot, playing guitar tonight. Wipe Out is a fast pased song. Almost have my speed built up to the original, but that darn arthritic pinky finger still prevents me doing the solo correct. Getting closer then I was though. And the grandson says Grandpa now, that is so cute!msp_thumbup.gif He's a mom's and Grandma's boy so it's nice to hear, Grandpa, and then come to me.

I've been discussing the health benefits of blueberries recently and my interest was piqued by knowing that they have beneficial properties for people overweight or diabetic.

I became aware of this a while ago from reading about a new plum that has been developed in Queensland called "Queen Garnet".

Here is a link to an in depth article on that plum and it seems like it might be coming to stores near you.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-05/queen-garnet-plums-in-demand-around-the-world/7221104

Yeah, We got a consumers magazine today that I sent for and tells of foods you should stay away from and foods you should eat. I read a little of it tonight and thought I'd give it a go. Sounds like butter of any sort is bad for you. Whole grain wheat bread I knew was the best and I use that. Don't go overboard and rarely eat bread. Wife is a Breadahaulic. And it's bad if you eat too quickly instead of eating slower. Wife, because of school and kids coming back scarfs her food down. Still does. I tell her, "Your not in school anymore, no kids, slow down." They say if you eat to fast, it leaves you still hungry moments later and you'll eat more gaining weight. Slow down and your more full later on and you don't gain the weight. I don't eat breakfast, I eat a brunch around 10:00 to 11:00 am and I'm full till around 5:00 to 5:30 and eat dinner and that's it. I'm going to try some of this stuff I learned today.

After a leisurely breakfast we decided to head down and look at the wooden boat festival at Paynesville.

It was a beautiful morning and boy was the joint jumping! People and boats everywhere!

Called daughter Kellie when we got there as their 70 yo wooden boat "Minimbah" was entered so we knew they were there. Caught up with them and Grant (SIL) decided he's take us all out for a ride. We stacked in, 6 people and two dogs, one being my ex wife. Lucky me!

Found ourselves in the middle of a boat race at one point and there was even a floating dunny. Had a lovely cruise around and saw some absolutely gorgeous yachts and period wooden boats.

We had a great time, leaving them by lunchtime, well after lunch actually and had fish & chips watching boats and the world go by.

Here's a few pics of the day.

Floating "Outhouse".

IMG_5193_zpsbvpuntyb.jpg

Middle of a boat race.

IMG_5191_zpsmxsmdir9.jpg

Crowds

IMG_5178_zpsiwosjxru.jpg

Scenery

IMG_5177_zpsziydxck9.jpg

Looks like I'm looking at pics of America, Rob. Except for that floating outhouse! Lol msp_flapper.gif never seen one of those before. Looks fun!

Thanks mate, I suppose there are quite a few things in common between our countries, and our younger people probably sound almost like Americans having adopted all your sayings from TV over the years (Grrrrrr!)

I don't think you would find it at all strange here. (you might almost understand what we are saying..Grin~)

Beautiful day today so I took Sundance for a walk. Lots of people walking their dogs too and I think Sundance wanted to play with them all. We went to eat at Noodles and ordered to different lunch items. Wife had a big salad and I had a spicy peanut noodle oriental bowl with chicken. She took one bite of hers and hated it. Too much of some cheesy Sauce. So we traded and she didn't want half of mine so she scooped some on to my bowl. Mine was too spicy so she took the spicy chicken and some noodles out. Boy was it good. Best noodle chicken salad I ever ate. Next time I'll see if they can make that same meal!

It's getting nice here in the 60's to 80's this week and the next so things are picking up and getting a little more busy. Son and daughter in law are in Arizona. We took both to the airport different days. Kristel put Grayson in a carry on weight scale to show on Facebook her carry on package. "Cute." This is the time of year everyone is having birthday's coming up. My wife, son, and I plus her mother in law are all Taurus as well as my oldest sisters triplets. Wife can't wait to be 60 in May as she gets Half my retirement.

Wife can't wait to be 60 in May as she gets Half my retirement.

Yea, but she deserves it, right? I kinda got the idea from other post she is a good one.

What gets me, kinda pisses me off a bit, is they keep raising the "honored citizen" or "senior citizen" age. If it keeps going like this, I'll never reach old person honored status.

Yea, but she deserves it, right? I kinda got the idea from other post she is a good one.

What gets me, kinda pisses me off a bit, is they keep raising the "honored citizen" or "senior citizen" age. If it keeps going like this, I'll never reach old person honored status.

I am not in any hurry to be afforded the accolade of "senior citizen." and there is a good reason.

Occasionally there is a newspaper report of a car crash and reference is made to the "elderly" aka "senior citizen," driver who may be a 64 yo. That's my age! How dare they classify me as "elderly". Impudent young whippersnapper reporters!!!! Now, in my day, I'd show more respect. [biggrin]

I am not in any hurry to be afforded the accolade of "senior citizen." and there is a good reason.

Occasionally there is a newspaper report of a car crash and reference is made to the "elderly" aka "senior citizen," driver who may be a 64 yo. That's my age! How dare they classify me as "elderly". Impudent young whippersnapper reporters!!!! Now, in my day, I'd show more respect. [biggrin]

Respect for the elderly? Not around here. It's more like "What do you know, you're old?"

Now I'm not claiming wisdom, but I have a diversity and depth of experience, as do most of us here, but with that attitude they can just go and make their own mistakes!

Bugger 'em!

Respect for the elderly? Not around here. It's more like "What do you know, you're old?"

Now I'm not claiming wisdom, but I have a diversity and depth of experience, as do most of us here, but with that attitude they can just go and make their own mistakes!

Bugger 'em!

At the tender age of 69, I keep waiting to be accorded the benefits of being past the age of accountability. Apparently, that's not going to happen any time soon. My wife has relatives younger than I who seemingly can get away with most any behavior w/o censure 'cause "after all, they're over 60". Admittedly, I have 'em too. Where O where have I gone wrong?!

At the tender age of 69, I keep waiting to be accorded the benefits of being past the age of accountability. Apparently, that's not going to happen any time soon. My wife has relatives younger than I who seemingly can get away with most any behavior w/o censure 'cause "after all, they're over 60". Admittedly, I have 'em too. Where O where have I gone wrong?!

Ditto on the "tender age"!

I'd love to be able to get away with stuff but know I'd probably get a slap for my efforts, then all that "Free Love" in the 60's and 70's passed me by too.....sigh~

1457735710[/url]' post='1750375']

Yes she deserves it. We signed her up today at the Railroad Retirement Board. But her first check won't come till late June. She won't be 60 till May. Restraints keep raising senior citizen discounts too. At one time Valenino's here was 55. Then they upped it to 60, and now it's 65 to qualify. It's only a couple of bucks so I don't get it? When I was working under Ronald Reagon our Retirement age for me was 65. Then they changed it to 67. But then the company changed it to 60 years of age for us and 30 years of service for a full pension. Tons of guys went out at that time. I had 33 years of service and 1 month in before I turned 60 so I got a little more for going extra years of service. I think some guys take advantage of that and work till their 67 or 68 but at 70, they force you out. And yes, we love each other very much. I even open doors for her still, were very close and best friends.

Archived