Gibson Brands Forums

W.O.Y.M.T. ? Thread.

Digger

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a program here called North Woods Law. It is about the game wardens of Maine and they often show the results of some poor person that hits an adult moos,(1,000LBS.+). Talk about damage,they demolish a car.

There is a program here called North Woods Law. It is about the game wardens of Maine and they often show the results of some poor person that hits an adult moos,(1,000LBS.+). Talk about damage,they demolish a car.

Not surprised, that's a big animal!

When I used to drive from Omaha to Lincoln, I couldn't tell you how many times vehicles hit deer. More so around the Platte River but they were found dead on the side of the road anywhere. Well today I finished cleaning the gutters and tonight, Deb and I just got back home from seeing Frankie Valli and the four seasons. Of course, his back up crew were hand picked from California, and one from Ohio but it was the first time Deb and I got to see the real live Frankie Valli and he was very good. Although he brought his own band, the Omaha Symphony backed up the whole thing. He still can hit the highs. He's 82 years old now and still performing.

1463346253[/url]' post='1769696']

That picture of Bella I posted above was on her first birthday...see her cake?

Her cake? I take it back Dig, you spoil her rotten. Does she get to sleep in bed between you and the wife? Lol. Sundance will push Deb out of bed about around 3:00 or 4:00 so he can stretch his feet out and she will go downstairs to sleep on the couch. Lol. She has tried to move him but he growls at her so she lets the 100 pound Doberman have his place. I have seen him sass her before, it's funny too watch, she yells at him and he tells her to shut up in his language. She says she's the boss and I imagine he says, No Dad's the Boss, Then Me and your last. Lol

My bike is on my mind this morning. I have a 1992 Harley Electraglide. spent all day Saturday working on it, new tires, repacked the bearings, new brake pads , fluids ...

Sunday my buddies and I rode up to the Red Eyes Dock Bar (just shy of the Bay Bridge) to see Samantha Fish. the wind beat us up pretty well. Just thinking now of the handful of other things I need to do to the bike. was a good day.

Not much. Baby sat the grandson till after noon. Helped the wife's step dad install wire for the upgrades in the kitchen. Have to run the wire different for the new stove and we had to move two outlets. Other then that, played the guitar and took a little nap. Rained here half a day so not much to do outside.

So sorry for your loss Rob, we know how much she meant to you and your family. Cancer is an ugly thing to go through and I'm speaking from experience. At least she's not fighting it anymore in pain and is in a better place of peace and comfort. Condolences to you and your whole family.

My wife asked me to go to Ikea and help her pick up three high chairs for our church. Now I am not a shopper and have never been in an Ikea store. We get to the store and it is huge. A triple deck parking garage and as it was early we parked on the sub basement of the deck.(Remember the spot where you parked the wife says.)

We get in and she says my treat for lunch, and we both had the Swedish meatballs and mashed potatoes, the meal was very good. Now we start to look for the chairs and I must admit this place is not meant for the new customers. We walked forever through a maze of goods. After what seemed like an eternity she spotted the chairs she wanted. We looked at them and they were exactly what she wanted,but the only thing we could find was the display chairs,and nothing else.Now try finding an employee,no luck we retraced our steps almost all the way back to the in store restaurant and scope out two young girls putting a display together.We asked how can we make a purchase of the items we wanted? We were schooled on the procedure and what we needed to do. There are numbers on the card attached to the display item and they represent the area that these are found.Now we had to walk another mile to a warehouse located on the bottom floor of the store and there you find the aisle ,then the bin location and load your item onto a cart. From there you pay and leave the store. Remember the prod to recall where we parked? Yeah it happened,I am directionally challenged, and since we walked all over the store I was completely turned around and now the hunt begins. Another twenty minutes of searching the parking decks finally the old van was located. This is the last trip for me to Ikea,from now on if she needs anything I will go to their website and order it.

To top it all off I had to put them together,and you know that they never quite seem to come together as intended.

Too funny. That's me, I park the car and pay attention where it is in relation to the door and still can't find it some times. I feel so embarrassed walking all over out in the parking lot hunting for it. Sometimes it's both of us wondering around like idiots. I'm glad we're not alone in this! Times I have to go back in the store and figure out what door I did come in and back outside again.msp_confused.gif

Man you are having a rough run of it. Sorry to hear that,what is it that has you in the hospital Rob? We will be praying for you that whatever it is that the docs can help you and get up and running once again. Hang in there man.

Pappy

When it rains, it pours. Man, things sure are not going your way lately Rob. I'm sure glad you have Gale down there by your side for comfort. I know when I went through my worst times, Deb. was by my side each and every day and that gave me the best comfort. Take care and heal up buddy.

I was going to say before I found out your in the hospital again, our counter top came in today. So we ripped the old one apart. Boy was it old. The original one was nailed in and had a laminate glued on top of it afterwards so you couldn't get to the nails. Then the sink was so old, it was cast iron. Combine that with a double sink and I thought I was going to get a hernia lifting it out and carrying it outside by myself. Man that was heavy. So tomorrow morning we pick up our new one and it's all day again working in the kitchen trying to put it back together again. I'm dreading the floor. Have to pull up some real old carpet, yep. They carpeted the kitchen. And who knows what the floor looks like in "This Old House!" When we moved in, the wife needed the kitchen fast so all I originally did was paint it. They had knotty pine wood paneling on the walls.

We got the countertop this afternoon. This morning it rained so I had to put mowing off till later. Got that all done today.so we went to a neighborhood clean up where they had two dump trucks and got rid of the old sink where they took appliances and the truck took all the old countertop. Then Deb and I looked at flooring and prices. I know a guy who used to do professional flooring which is a friend of a friend. I may give him a call. And Rob, I sure hope you lick this set back soon too. The neighbor across the street came over today while I was mowing the front and we had a talk. It gave me a little break. Turns out he's 80 and I'm 63. He's in darn good shape but he was telling me of his aches and pains. I told him I'm not sure I want to hit 80.

Archived