Gibson Brands Forums

a bbg tune for your enjoyment/unenjoyment

blindboygrunt

Grunt.

I tried to do this song sometime in the past on my soundcloud. I have always had to dumb it down so that I can sing it. You did this so clean, and the singing was spot on. I don't know how folks can play so intricately and sing at the same time. Maybe guys like you actually practice more than the guys that swap... like me.

Good lesson learned, and a fine example. This is just really, really good. Dont make us search for you secret stuff in the cloud. strut it man.

Thanks sal .

I've been playing that song for ages , it would be one of those riffs/ tunes that id play trying a new guitar, or when i first lift it on a saturday morning.

So , yeah , i have practiced that one a lot.

Its not the ideal song for my voice , as anyone whos heard ryan adams play this will agree with.

But hey,might as well belt it out.

Thanks for your kind words !

Viva el presidenti !!

Wow it doesn't get much better than that! I can't play anything that can even come close to that. I need to practice more! Outstanding Sir! eusa_clap.gif I need to also get familiar with SoundCloud so I can play in my underwear without FB pointing out the stains on them! msp_biggrin.gif

Wow it doesn't get much better than that! I can't play anything that can even come close to that. I need to practice more! Outstanding Sir! eusa_clap.gif I need to also get familiar with SoundCloud so I can play in my underwear without FB pointing out the stains on them! msp_biggrin.gif

Or BBG pointing out your John Gotti sweatpants...

Hey sal , i dont mind what you wear , it was just when anne said that you had the tools for the job i thought maybe you shoukd consider your camera angles when recording !!

And thankyou aerohead.

Its really not that hard a peice to play. Four chords or something. Bit of right hand work but its more slight of hand than wizardry

I can hear that you certainly have all the tools as well...[rolleyes]

I was at my regular open mic (the one with the great house sound) and thought how nice it would be to hear you play in that venue. For an hour or two.

Serious.

Very nice indeed.Thanks for that one.I didn't really know that song.Good one.Always enjoy your picking.

As for Sal leaving a comment on your Soundcloud...his presidential campaigning is getting out of control.Nary a poor baby in the whole of upper and lower Manhattan remains unkissed in his relentless selfie taking publicity push!

I'm with MP above - I would rather hear good acoustic guitar/vocal - and you my friend are more real than others that claim to be!

I would be happy to sit, or maybe have a noddy snooze in my drink - we are old - while you played/sang all evening at that pub in the photo on your Soundcloud page - love the empty glass in the photo! How many get to your gig? You may need to spread out. I'm sure there is something somewhere like that near me to watch/listen to, but I sure haven't found it. I have seen a few solo bloozers with Dobros and Nationals and I sat to watch the next up and comer and it was...ordinary - my feet got itchy halfway through the first song and I sat out the 50 minute set in pain. And then they gave him an award!!!! [confused]

All I'm saying is it would be nice if BBG played at a local every Thursday for example and I would take or meet a friend or 2 there... the place I mentioned above had all the ingredients - good room, good food reportedly -(didn't stay), good little PA, plenty of beer.....bad booking agent.

All this from a song on Soundcloud!!! [biggrin]

Fantastic - keep it coming BBG!

BluesKing777.

I'm with MP above - I would rather hear good acoustic guitar/vocal - and you my friend are more real than others that claim to be!

I would be happy to sit, or maybe have a noddy snooze in my drink - we are old - while you played/sang all evening at that pub in the photo on your Soundcloud page - love the empty glass in the photo! How many get to your gig? You may need to spread out. I'm sure there is something somewhere like that near me to watch/listen to, but I sure haven't found it. I have seen a few solo bloozers with Dobros and Nationals and I sat to watch the next up and comer and it was...ordinary - my feet got itchy halfway through the first song and I sat out the 50 minute set in pain. And then they gave him an award!!!! [confused]

All I'm saying is it would be nice if BBG played at a local every Thursday for example and I would take or meet a friend or 2 there... the place I mentioned above had all the ingredients - good room, good food reportedly -(didn't stay), good little PA, plenty of beer.....bad booking agent.

All this from a song on Soundcloud!!! [biggrin]

Fantastic - keep it coming BBG!

BluesKing777.

I'll second all of that.

Im with Sal, dont hide these just on Soundcloud. I came across these clips and your other Ryan Adams songs by accident earlier and really enjoyed them, this one in particular BBG. Share them around because they are absolutely to be shared and they put a warm smile on folks faces, and thats a good thing.

Greetigns from hot, hot Adelaide (42c today ..)

ps: next week will make a trip to Twang Central to play some vintage Gibbys, might make a recording of em..

Thanks guys ...

BK , thats very kind. The pub in the picture is from the corner bar in ardaras in donegal. One of the best pubs ive ever had the pleasure to get drunk in. On many occassions ! Its one of our favourite holiday destinations. Musicians welcome...

Wasnt taken at a gig , though it could have been :)

Was snapped one afternoon while i was at the bar getting drinks and the empty glass in the sunshine looked poetic to me , after 3 or 4 guinness everything looks poetic ...

Production, sounds a bit fancy pants for what i do , just recorded live with a usb mic and stagelight for recording.

Just has a bit of eq and reverb.

I appreciate all the listens

Do you gig BBG ? If yes, do you have some footage and if you dont, why not ? I reckon you'd go down awesome with the Irish folks..

Thanks guys ...

BK , thats very kind. The pub in the picture is from the corner bar in ardaras in donegal. One of the best pubs ive ever had the pleasure to get drunk in. On many occassions ! Its one of our favourite holiday destinations. Musicians welcome...

Wasnt taken at a gig , though it could have been :)

Was snapped one afternoon while i was at the bar getting drinks and the empty glass in the sunshine looked poetic to me , after 3 or 4 guinness everything looks poetic ...

Production, sounds a bit fancy pants for what i do , just recorded live with a usb mic and stagelight for recording.

Just has a bit of eq and reverb.

I appreciate all the listens

Theres no footage aussie , think there might be one on youtube from donkeys years ago when i played with more 'irish' style band.

While i enjoy listening to traditional music , i do play more american style folk numbers. Older people say i play more contemporary stuff , but anyone younger than 40 knows that its a long way from contemporary !

The average drunk punter will ask for whiskey in the jar or ride on or willie mcbride regardless of what style of music youve been sitting playjng all night.

The typical irish guy in a bar will more likely than not be playjng songs that are very old , so its all relevant.

Only gig i do at the minute is local pub wednesday night residency kjnda thing. Me and a mate. Sometimes we ask others fro the sake of change.

Only gig i do at the minute is local pub wednesday night residency kjnda thing. Me and a mate. Sometimes we ask others fro the sake of change.

Why dont you capture it on video, Im sure many here would love to see you in action, seriously. Dont be too modest.

Archived