Gibson Brands Forums

Year End Picture

NHTom

Well,

I figured I'd wrap up 2015 with a group shot.

Since the weather outside is terrible, I tried an indoor shot with poor results.

101_1207_zpsikb7uxai.jpg

Up Top:

1985 Gibson Explorer Designer Series

Top Row: L to R

2012 Gibson Les Paul Special Pro

2001 Gibson Les Paul Special P90

1982 Gibson Sonex 180 Deluxe

1997 Gibson Les Paul Special Double Cut

1997 Gibson Les Paul Studio Gem in Amethyst

LH Colum top to bottom

2011 Fender American Special Stratocaster

2013 Fender American Select Telecaster HH

2011 Fender American Standard Telecaster

Warmoth Customer Telecaster

RH Colum top to bottom

2008 Paul Reed Smith Mira USA

1989 Charvel DK-085-SSH

1988 BC Rich STIII

Will have to get a better shot in the spring..........with any additions....lol

NEXT.......the amps.....lol

NHTom

Hey Tom, me thinks you need a few more..lol

....especially some vintage stuff!

Yes, thinking either an actual vintage or at least a re-issue is on the horizon.

short of a DC Special in TV yellow, I'm leaning toward either a P90 Gold Top, or something in a Bourbon or Lemon burst.

NHTom

Very nice, Tom!

The Sonex makes me envy.

Happy New Year!

Best wishes... Bence

Thanks........those don't get credit for being a "real Gibson" but I love it.......plays good, sounds good, plenty of sustain.....and wouldn't hesitate to take it to a rehearsal or gig.

Almost bought a red one a week ago but got jerked around on the case and they wouldn't budge so I passed.

NHTom

I'm in real need of a double cut Jr/Special. It's only a matter of time I realize.

I always wanted the DC, but couldn't come up with one.......so settled for the single cut........loved it...then another single came along.....loved it......finally got the double and it's incredible......like a junky....just one more!

NHTom

Nice collection. Don't stop now! [thumbup]

I sometimes wonder when one more guitar is too many and all I can think of, is when I have to sleep outside 'cos there's no space left for me. If that's the case, then I've got a lot of collecting to do lol :)

Love your LP Specials NHTom. [drool]

...and sweet ES 175 Windhoek, I have an old version (2012 in my case) ES 175 Re-issue as you can see in my profile pic. It really is a joy to play, just feels perfect. Love 175's, love LP Specials,...so many great Gibson guitars.

Love your LP Specials NHTom. [drool]

...and sweet ES 175 Windhoek, I have an old version (2012 in my case) ES 175 Re-issue as you can see in my profile pic. It really is a joy to play, just feels perfect. Love 175's, love LP Specials,...so many great Gibson guitars.

I'll hi-17five that ;)

Here's my first group photo; sorry it's a bit naff, I'm not smart enough to get the best out of my phone ;)

IMG_20160101_020820_zps25gkeiqi.jpg

Looks like your ES-175 is featuring a wooden bridge. Referring to your topic on restringing and setting up, there may indeed lurk some trial-and-error work to get the best intonation possible.

Does the lens of your phone perhaps need a cleaning? Breathing on it and wiping with a very soft facial tissue may help.

Sweet! How do you like your Sonex? I have the same one. The Zebra Dirty Fingers pickups make it scream.

Mine is a 1982 so it has the velvet brick pickups........still a really good sound out of them.

I think it is a really under rated guitar.....mine plays well, good sustain, sounds decent. For the $400 price, I think it out shines a lot of other guitars in the store.

NHTom

Looks like your ES-175 is featuring a wooden bridge. Referring to your topic on restringing and setting up, there may indeed lurk some trial-and-error work to get the best intonation possible.

Does the lens of your phone perhaps need a cleaning? Breathing on it and wiping with a very soft facial tissue may help.

You're probably right about my phone's lens; I hardly ever use it to take photos, so it probably does need a clean. You're also probably right about the floating bridge, but as the intonation is pretty good after the restring, I'm happy to leave it alone till it needs to be corrected.

You're probably right about my phone's lens; I hardly ever use it to take photos, so it probably does need a clean. You're also probably right about the floating bridge, but as the intonation is pretty good after the restring, I'm happy to leave it alone till it needs to be corrected.

Did you already switch to flatwounds? How does she sound? It's a long time since I had flatwounds on a sixstring guitar although I still use some on two of my four-string bass guitars.

Did you already switch to flatwounds? How does she sound? It's a long time since I had flatwounds on a sixstring guitar although I still use some on two of my four-string bass guitars.

Although it's early days, I like the flats because they produce smooth, warm tones rather than bright and bouncy tones, which matches well with my desire to play jazzy music - admittedly, an aspiration rather than fact at present. If I found myself mostly playing pop/rock, I doubt I'd keep using them, but as it is, they're ideal for the sort of music I am playing :)

Archived