Gibson Brands Forums

What's for breakfast,lunch, or dinner?

Mr. Gibson

Last night was OK for a BBQ and eating outside, so we did.

Gael had bought a couple of lovely bits of eye fillet approx. 4" thick. I cut hers in half but cooked mine complete. It was tricky getting cooking times right but managed and they were perfect.

Flat potatoes microwaved for 4 minutes then cooked on a hot plate with EVOO spray and homemade coleslaw were perfect accompaniments for the steak.

I still have half of Gael's for a steak sandwich for lunch.

Never had shark. Deb tried it once on a trip she took with some lady friends and said it was good. I felt better today, took some cough medicine that wiped me out last night and most of today. So I ventured with Deb and Grayson to eat some spaghetti and bread sticks that was good and a small salad.

The shark I've had access to was good, but I don't have a clue if it's similar to the critters available in Oz.

m

I think that most fish and sharks are variations on a theme that in one form or another are found in many places worldwide.

Of course everyone has their own names for them!

At death many sharks species have a strong ammonia smell which is unprocessed urine. Freezing them for a couple of weeks kills that as does soaking overnight.

In this state Victoria gummy shark is possibly the most popular item on the menu as the flesh is firm and sweet, and without bones. Shark species are marketed as "Flake" in this state but you have to specify if you want gummy and probably pay more for it than other species, it's that popular. School shark is a similar species.

Gael bought some nice thick fillets yesterday which is straight from the trawler. $23 bought enough for 2 meals for 2 people or about $5 per serve, and it's lovely!

http://www.afma.gov.au/portfolio-item/gummy-shark/

Sharks = 3

People = 100, 000

1480468056[/url]' post='1815876']

Sloppy Joes?

I don't get the meal very often as Deb would rather have a hamburger. Basically a sloppy joe is ground hamburger same as you would put in chili except I add a can of Manwhich sandwich to it and stir and warm. Then add on a hamburger bun. The manwhich sandwich is meant for flavoring the beef which consists of tomatoe sauce mixture and onions and peppers and stuff blended together from the factory. So just add and stir. Very tasty. I've been making them since I was a kid. Today at lunch was a French dip roast beef sub with mozzarella cheese and tacos for dinner.

I don't get the meal very often as Deb would rather have a hamburger. Basically a sloppy joe is ground hamburger same as you would put in chili except I add a can of Manwhich sandwich to it and stir and warm. Then add on a hamburger bun. The manwhich sandwich is meant for flavoring the beef which consists of tomatoe sauce mixture and onions and peppers and stuff blended together from the factory. So just add and stir. Very tasty. I've been making them since I was a kid. Today at lunch was a French dip roast beef sub with mozzarella cheese and tacos for dinner.

Um? Thanks for explaining that Butch....I think I get it?

Last night a group of 12 of us went to the local bowling club bistro for tea to help Gael celebrate her birthday. It was an amazing night with close friends and family.

The meals we had were all exceptional and Gael, and I had Chicken Neptune which was chicken breast poached in the most exquisite sauce and smothered in seafood.

Dropped Grayson off at home and there is a Runza close by so I had a bacon cheeseburger then a bowl of tomato soup tonight. Deb caught cold Wednesday at prairie life. They opened the outside doors by the pool to ventilate it and it was very cold that night out. They still,did their water aerobics class.