Gibson Brands Forums

Iconic LP Tracks.

rdclmn7

Anybody know of signature tracks that really define the LP sound?

LP Tracks,...-LP band- Thin lizzy;

1. Cowboy Song Live, the intros wail to the extreme later in the track.

2. I'm still in love with you -Live - one of the best live solos.

3. Frampton -Lines on my face (live)

4. Do you feel like I do(live) The intro solo is pretty good, the second solo is pretty savage in tone and execution, the last solo is rock concert defined.

Lets see what you guys come up with.

Personally, the Les Paul is too versitile to have any one sound to be "the" Les Paul sound......

But I guess since you're makin me choose and all I'm gonna go with Blue Sky by The Allman Bros. Every time I hear the harmonized breakdown in the solo I sit back and go "ahhhh"

What's better than one Les Paul? Why two Les Pauls of course

Anybody know of signature tracks that really define the LP sound?

LP Tracks' date='...-LP band- Thin lizzy;

1. Cowboy Song Live, the intros wail to the extreme later in the track.[/quote']

Thin Lizzy was the first band I thought of too. For me, they really define the classic rock and roll sound of a Les Paul.

All Right Now by Free. Actually anything by Paul Kossoff' date=' but not many people besides guitar players and classic rock aficionados know any other songs by Free.[/quote']

Listen to Kossof's tone/licks on Free's Fire and Water; Simple, elegant, sweet.

Early Cars. Elliot Easton is by far the most under rated guitar player of that era. That guy ripped LP UP on Bye Bye Love and many others. His tone was to die for imho.

Yes! Great and so under appreciated one of my all time favs. His solos on all the Cars tracks were just rocking things of beauty. When I name him as an influence people say, Who?

Another one from that era that I really love is Neil Giraldo Pat Benatars husband and guitar player.

I've seen Frampton live a number of times and his Les Paul playing is great. One of the most memorable solos was when he came to town with Ringo Starrs Allstars. He played Do You Feel Like I Do with Cream's Jack Bruce on bass, Procol Harum's Gary Brooker on organ and Ringo on drums. It was outdoors and just as he really started to heat up the solo the skys opened up and we got soaked in a downpour. Peter never missed a note as the rain drops ran off his black LP. It actually looked like one of those videos were the bands play in the rain but this one wasn't staged.

Archived