Gibson Brands Forums

Another Ebay Fake

ilovegibsons

No offense to you specifically' date=' but why don't you guys who find these fakes tell somebody who can actually do something about it instead of coming to the boards and going, "OMG! A fake!" Really - what do you expect any of us to do about it? You ask, "Can we report this one?" Report anything you want if you think it's bogus; you don't need our permission. Personally, I don't give a crap if there are fake guitars out there or not - I buy from reputable shops where I can check out the guitars in person so I know what I'm getting.

From Gibson's web site:

To report incidents' date=' consumers should file a police report, and may also visit http://www.ic3.gov/.

Lol' date=' i know fake gibsons are made of cheap *** wood and stuff, but a fake epiphone? Is it made of the combined feces of a cow, duck and mongolian that was stewing in a pot of blue whale semon for 2 days, then let out to cure? Damn.[/quote']

That's high plains Mongolian Yak dung not cow.

IMO the control knobs are not in the correct position... but thats it.

I know its lame but they really are afking epis... I found that out in the epiphone section of MLP (I think) a while ago... and asked the same Homz did here: Why would anyone make a fake Epiphone?

The answer was harsh by most epi lovers that hate gibson... but some pointed that they are faking even squiers right now... I dont know whats the point, why fake an already cheap guitar? Are they selling them for 50 bucks? if not, whats the point?

A store here has lots of cheap ibanez copies... no... let me put it the right way, they have a lot of copies of cheap ibanez. Thats it. They have fake ibanez GIOs ... can you imagine that? And I tried some, they are even worst than the "real deal".

OH, and for the record (for those of you that dont know, some because they have never gone that low as to look at an entry level epi), some epis (the cheaper ones) have "GIBSON" writen on the TRC... yes they do.

It takes a good amount of skill to make even a mediocre fake Gibson, but those other brands can be reproduced much easier, with more authentic results.

Bolt ons especially, are WAY easier to build and finish.

Archived