Gibson Brands Forums

fender road worn

Tanner1994

imo why would any one want one of these guitars? its like buying a beat up like guitar for the same price as a new one. i would want to be the one who gave my guitar all of its like the scratches and dents' date='[/quote']

How would you check one for damage?

I wouldnt damage any of my guitars like that in purpose... I want them all to look like new 20 years from now... I understand people that likes their guitars to sport battle scars... and that's fine with me, if mine got any I wouldnt try to fix 'em...

But paying "new" price and sometimes even more for a worn guitar is just nuts in my opinion, Ive seen some guitars go for more than twice the price just because they are relic'd and stuff like that, and I just dont get it.

Do they sell Pre-washed Harley's??? Here's my baby...

P1010729.jpg

DSCN1132.jpg

LOL! Sweet scoot' date=' Dave. No, I was referring to the whole HD marketing strategy and constituency. I love raggin' my Harley riding friends as much as they love raggin' my rice-ridin' a$$.

[img']http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/Cruznolfart/Scootin_Stuff/IMG_0896.jpg[/img]

imo why would any one want one of these guitars? its like buying a beat up like guitar for the same price as a new one. i would want to be the one who gave my guitar all of its like the scratches and dents' date='[/quote']

You're young, right?

A lot of guys want a guitar that looks like it's been around since the 1950s and gigged, that's why.

You won't (or shouldn't) find a 50 - 60 year guitar that looks brand new.

The fact that it's the same price as a new one and not more makes it a pretty good deal.

People pay up to $2,000 extra for an aged Gibson.

You're young' date=' right?

A lot of guys want a guitar that looks like it's been around since the 1950s and gigged, that's why.

You won't (or shouldn't) find a 50 - 60 year guitar that looks brand new.

The fact that it's the same price as a new one and not more makes it a pretty good deal.

People pay up to $2,000 extra for an aged Gibson.[/quote']

+1

I feel if you have a guitar thats really beat up...or at least looks like its got miles on it you had better

deliver when you pick it up.

You better have the chops or youll be labeled a poser. Thats one reason I took the "SRV" off of my SRV Strat.

If you walk the walk you had better be able to talk the talk.

i don';t think it's to dumb to pay more for a aged guitar, more work/time/money goes into them. so it makes sense that they might cost more, and if they cost less then the same guitar but unworn then you're actually getting a deal.

my opinion on them is that road worn can be cool sometimes. it kind of gives the guitar a cool mojo if you know what i mean. it can be cool to have i kind of beat up guitar, i personaly would want my stratocaster to look a little beat up. i don't about my LPs but i like strats to be ruff around the edges.

You can take a Fender.

Mexican, American, Korean, Indonesian, whatever. Doesn't matter. Hell, a Samick as far as that goes.

Beat the crap out of it. Freeze it, slap it with your keys, drag it behind your tractor, bury it in your yard a few months, dig it up, pull out the termites, put the pickups on the grill, blow cigarette smoke on em' for months at a time, hang em' on the roof of a diesel repair shop for a few months, let the neighbor kids use it for a baseball bat, ect., ect.,

It'll still sound like crap. It'll just look like crap.

Yuk, yuk..................

Murph.

Just saw these in a Music 123 catalog today........ I'm with you guys.

Nothing's cooler than a guitar that sounds great and has age marks to show that it's earned through years being played lovingly.

But buying one that is a cosmetic copy out of the box is, well silly. If you want a strat to look like it's been played for 20 years, buy one and play it for 20 years.

Yep kinda pissed me off in Guitar center yesterday when I saw the Tele's in person. I was buying strings for my Tele and saw several people looking at them one of the new baby salesman asked me if I'd seen the road-worn yet. I looked at it even played one and sadly they did a pretty good job on it, the aging process looked almost like mine even if I did spend 30 years wearing the paint off.

I brought mine in out of the car after the salesman I always work with asked and the manager and others were looking at them both and comparing them you could tell the difference especially in feel and the look of the fretboard wear but a non-player probably couldn't.

Archived