Gibson Brands Forums

CMAs?

rct

I have a rule.

Unless I am getting an award, or someone I know is getting an award, I do not go to, watch, or participate in anyway, in Award Shows.

For the most part, they are just too long and bore the hell out of me.

Sorry [unsure]

I haven't watched it yet. I record all those award shows. Then I can fast forward through the bs & banter, listen to the couple of entertainers who I like or new bands I think I might like, then I spend the next week or so telling everybody what a mess Country Music is these days.

So I'll try to have a fuller more comprehensive report tomorrow. [biggrin]

And The CMA for best female country artist that all sound alike goes to.

Pick one with a girls name and I would not know the difference.

Cash is country the stuff they are churning out of Nashville today is not.

You are correct...in my opinion. I usually only watch a part of the grammy's and that is it, besides Country seems to have a half dozen of these award shows.

Cash is country the stuff they are churning out of Nashville today is not.

Yeah, I agree about most of today's "popular" country artists. Even though I have friends paying their bills in some of those bands, I just don't enjoy it.

Of course there is really good, country today though - it's just not on the mainstream media/radio/CMT whatevers... Some of them even live in Nashville like your boy Jason Isbell.

Here's some more decent country that's not Cash, Haggard, Jennings, or Jones...

Yeah I love Johnny Cash and Kristoferson and Waylon and Willie and all that as much as the next guy. If you say the country today isn't country and them guys are, you have to say that Rock today isn't Rock and <fill in the bands from the 70s> are. It's just Pop Music. These guys in Nashville sit down and crank out pure magic sometimes, and they put some muscle-y stick up there with a cowboy hat on or some hot gal with a sequin dress on and they sing it, with a great, great band behind them. The studio work and the live work is just ridiculous them guys are all so good at it.

So yeah, you know. It's just pop, it won't hurt you. It's watching and listening to Pros play music put together by Pros that is fun and exciting. Who cares about the puppet out front? I sure don't.

rct

Archived