Gibson Brands Forums

This one?

blindboygrunt

They all call my name

The nut looks funny in the pic though

Anyone have any input ?

Looks weird, easily solved by someone besides the first guy! Nice guitar, needs a nut, knock him down a little.

rct

Looks interesting, and at a good price, esp for UK. Worth seeking out some photos of what a well cut nut should look like. The Gumtree J-50 won't be among those photos.

The maple in the Gibson slope shape is also worth exploring… It would make for a good comparison with mahogany , but the challenge is to communicate those differences in a recording.

The pics are all thumbnails for me...won't enlarge. Looks good in a small pic and for a decent price as far as ads go. But you can't tell a great deal from a pic (and there's not a lot of info offered on it). I'd call "Sam" and find out if the nut has an issue or is it just the way it was photographed. Might be a great guitar at a real good price. Looks like the guy is a reputable dealer. Is there a return policy?

Not one YouTube video of a maple j50

Very little to zero info on this guitar

And misspicker, no return policy

Gumtree is our Craigslist

When I messaged about the possible wonky nut he replied the guitars been professionally set up 🙄

Suppose it may be a funny photo ....

If it's still there at weekend I might take a drive over

Any one own one of these?

There can't be too many of these floating around. Search of the internets ("Gibson J-50 Maple" from soundhole label), and this is the only one showing up.

If you check it out on the weekend, consider taking your slope along for reference.

Not one YouTube video of a maple j50

Very little to zero info on this guitar

No, but if you think in technicolour, you can find the following:

Und wenn Sie die Modellnummer veraendern, so finden Sie doch eine Blondine (sogar leicht angeflammt - nicht uebertrieben):

Love the real banner maple 45s which you can find on the tube, they really zing. Have to say my initial impression on this one was Leonard's, though: looks like the mother of all cracks inside. That said, nothing obvious on the photo of the outside back. Best take that drive.

Archived