Gibson Brands Forums

So, what's going on today?

Pinch

Guest Farnsbarns

I have worked in COBOL, JCL, C++, C#, VB, T-SQL, PL-SQL and MDX but now mostly work on databases using T-SQL, C# and MDX (SSAS). Do you code?

A little. PHP really, with the obligatory SQL that goes with that, so not on the same level.

Yesterday was my birthday and I took the day off...

A (belated) Happy Birthday, Farns!

Nice to hear you had some quality 'Me' time. It really does do one good!

msp_thumbup.gif

I'm currently on holiday in La Rochelle.

Today had a lazy breakfast then took my 13-y-o daughter to a mixed-media type shop. She bought 6 Manga books - all in French so at least something useful might come of them. On a whim I bought four CDs; CSNY - 'Deja Vu'; Mark Knopfler - 'Kill to get Crimson'; Kate Bush - 'Never for Ever' and the eponymous album by the Stray Cats. After that it was a brief visit to the beach then back here for 'local produce' lunch. Mid-afternoon we will all be going off to the swimming-pool / water park.

I intend to play some guitar later on. My left ring-finger still hasn't healed - an ongoing and very VERY annoying issue since May 1st. - but I keep my Epi(*) Hummingbird here and the good doctor told me to play guitar as this would help regain movement. Here's hoping. Three-and-a-half months without much use of 3rd and 4th fingers of my fretting hand has been somewhat frustrating...

Pip.

(*) This is an abbreviation for 'Epiphone' and not a pet name. 'Birdy' doesn't have a pet name.

Just thought I'd make that clear right now. You know how pet some folks can be.

Oops. I meant to type 'petty'...

Happy Birthday Farns!

Off to west Philly today, the Expo center, for Mrs and her Bead show stuff. I'll be schleppin a couple guitars and some stuff out for some tradin action, hopefully an amp I've been hankering for. Mrs Birthday Saturday, bottle of La Grande Dame 2006 for that. Should be a slammin weekend.

rct

Guest Farnsbarns

A (belated) Happy Birthday, Farns!

Nice to hear you had some quality 'Me' time. It really does do one good!

msp_thumbup.gif

I'm currently on holiday in La Rochelle.

Today had a lazy breakfast then took my 13-y-o daughter to a mixed-media type shop. She bought 6 Manga books - all in French so at least something useful might come of them. On a whim I bought four CDs; CSNY - 'Deja Vu'; Mark Knopfler - 'Kill to get Crimson'; Kate Bush - 'Never for Ever' and the eponymous album by the Stray Cats. After that it was a brief visit to the beach then back here for 'local produce' lunch. Mid-afternoon we will all be going off to the swimming-pool / water park.

I intend to play some guitar later on. My left ring-finger still hasn't healed - an ongoing and very VERY annoying issue since May 1st. - but I keep my Epi(*) Hummingbird here and the good doctor told me to play guitar as this would help regain movement. Here's hoping. Three-and-a-half months without much use of 3rd and 4th fingers of my fretting hand has been somewhat frustrating...

Pip.

(*) This is an abbreviation for 'Epiphone' and not a pet name. 'Birdy' doesn't have a pet name.

Just thought I'd make that clear right now. You know how pet some folks can be.

Oops. I meant to type 'petty'...

Thanks dude!

Yes, don't abbreviate or use pet names. Allie wouldn't like that.

Guest Farnsbarns

Happy Birthday Farns!

Off to west Philly today, the Expo center, for Mrs and her Bead show stuff. I'll be schleppin a couple guitars and some stuff out for some tradin action, hopefully an amp I've been hankering for. Mrs Birthday Saturday, bottle of La Grande Dame 2006 for that. Should be a slammin weekend.

rct

Thanks mate.

Happy Birthday Farns! Maybe Pippy and myself can dig deep and buy you a pint or 5 when we are back

I am currently having a three week holiday in Orlando FL. Spent the first two weeks visiting all the parks.. having this week relaxing... Took my youngest son Oliver in a Helicopter today flying over the whole of Disneyland.

Now having a late lunch and a dip in our pool!! Oh and was lucky enough to see a Titan 5 rocket take off from Cape Canaveral this morning!

Good times ☺

I was having lunch with a customer today and we were talking about old stars. I brought up Bruce Forsythe and I jokingly said 'it's about time he died'. A while later I looked on my phone to see that he had. Today. I felt terrible. Like it was my fault. 70 years in showbiz. Not many chieve that. RIP Bruce. Accept my apology for being disrespectful.

Cold old wintery day here in Oz so I guess we will have an egg & bacon roll for brekky, which is our Saturday morning practice and then head into town to do some grocery shopping.

On the way home we'll drop in and see my daughter who turned 47 today.

Kellie has had a hell of a life with illness and currently holds down a job, keeps home and hooks herself to a dialysis machine every second night.

She is a very special young woman who deserves all the love she can get.

Getting ready to experience the total solar eclipse here in Oregon. We'll have just about 60 seconds of totality here. Should be interesting.

Yeah. we're only gonna get 80% here in Maryland. Expected to be at it's peak around 2:40, but weather might obscure our view. eusa_boohoo.gif

One of my friends went down to North Carolina with his daughters to view the total eclipse.

Yeah. we're only gonna get 80% here in Maryland. Expected to be at it's peak around 2:40, but weather might obscure our view. eusa_boohoo.gif

One of my friends went down to North Carolina with his daughters to view the total eclipse.

We've got clear skies here. Perfect view from my property. Should be pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived