Gibson Brands Forums

Happy Birthday Voodoo Child

jaxson50

I am very unsure about the circumstances surrounding his death. People tend to think..Rock star..overdose...well, that's a shame...I am not convinced with Jimi. He started getting very political around the Band of Gypsies stuff and had a busy week planned. I am gonna go conspiracy theorist here and say he was 'knocked off" by MI-6 or someone.

If the guys who faked the moon landings had been allowed to live they'd all be in their late 70's - mid 80's by now I should think.

rct

Stanley Kubrick just passed a couple a years ago. Some of Neal Armstrong's posts on twitter have been really interesting. During that time (1970) the COINTELPRO program and the British equivalent were very willing to "eliminate" potential troublemakers...and did...with extreme prejudice.

Stanley Kubrick just passed a couple a years ago.

If you were even a mild Kubrick fan you would know he wouldn't have done that, and that no government could ever have worked with him. He had trouble getting the actors that held him as their favorite director to work with him.

I'm a Stanley fan boy, done the Shining TriFecta and all, so guess again!

rct

Thanks for the music'n'showmanship lessons, Jimi!

How the Hell did a post on Jimi Hendrix turn in to a NeilArmstrongStanleyKubrickMI6 conspiracy theory wall-piss-contest?

'Kin'Ell....

Grow up for FCUKs sake.

RSHoles.

P.

If you were even a mild Kubrick fan you would know he wouldn't have done that, and that no government could ever have worked with him. He had trouble getting the actors that held him as their favorite director to work with him.

I'm a Stanley fan boy, done the Shining TriFecta and all, so guess again!

rct

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4toI9Ujv-pw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIk9PSFc6uU

Yeah he was a one off... Never will be another quite like him I don't think...

If you ever wondered what he was thinking of doing next, this is the last interview with him where he talks about what direction he wanted to take.. So sad.. Leaves us only to imagine what he would have done.

The Hendrix assassination theory has been debunked many times, as has the fake Moon landings bs. All of it.

By now, is it even important?

The 'Jeffery-dunit' theory was wheeled out yet again in 2009 by Tappy Wright, a Jeffery/Animals roadie who was pushing his book "Rock Roadie".

He later admitted it was all completely untrue and died this time last year. Perhaps someone did him in, or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

We can only speculate on what might have been. Many have, in print.

I still remember the day Jimi Hendrix died, September 18th 1970, and seeing the news of it in the Evening Standard.

Thanks for the music'n'showmanship lessons, Jimi!

How the Hell did a post on Jimi Hendrix turn in to a NeilArmstrongStanleyKubrickMI6 conspiracy theory wall-piss-contest?

'Kin'Ell....

Grow up for FCUKs sake.

RSHoles.

P.

Post of the week ...

What the hell is that? It can't be as simple as watch it 3 times in a row.

How many shrooms do I need to watch Zardoz properly? I am going to watch it one day with my wife in an altered state of consciencenes.

Good luck. Couldn’t get my girlfriend to watch Zardoz with me.

What the hell is that? It can't be as simple as watch it 3 times in a row.

Well. The long aerial opener is Going To The Sun Road in Glacier National Park. We've been up and down the full length a couple of times, and in fact, are planning to be there in September of 2018, but we'll be spending all night out on that road for a couple nights.

The exteriors of the hotel are the Timberline Lodge, up on Mt. Hood in the Cascades in Oregon. We stayed there in 2010 on our way from this coast to the other one up in northwestern Oregon. The Timberline was outstanding. The manager let me look at some stuff from the movie days, which wasn't much. Stanley was never actually there, the 2nd unit guy scouted the place and Stanley approved so he did all the exteriors. We were there in super deep ten plus feet of snow, it was awesome:

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_118d.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_125b.jpg

The interiors of the hotel were filmed in a studio, but the set was, in some places, an exact knock off of the Ahwahnee Hotel in Yosemite National Park. We stayed a few nights there in 2008. It was just superb. Afternoon tea. The bar in the movie is not at all like the bar at the Ahwahnee, but lots of those sets are exact. It's a great old expensiveass Cali hotel.

We've also wandered the halls of The Stanley Hotel in Estes Park CO at 2am and it is just scary fun haunted! That's where King started writing it after a long night in that haunted place. It's a very cool hotel and I think the TV movie was done there. So it wasn't part of Stanley's movie but we always have to get that one in too.

How many shrooms do I need to watch Zardoz properly? I am going to watch it one day with my wife in an altered state of consciencenes.

lolz. I haven't in a while, I need to get it out. Just a glass of wine for me, it's hard enough to follow!

rct

Archived