Gibson Brands Forums

Acoustic considerations

Dave1963

Sure. I'll buy that. I got my first D-15 for about $600. All Hog and what a player. Gave it away as a gift and got another one and traded it for an Am Std Tele. My D-28 and D-18 will go to my son when I crock.

Glad to hear you hung onto those two. Hopefully it is a long time before you crock... [confused]

1518395083[/url]' post='1916438']

Thought about Guild? A lot of guitar for the money, IMO.

I was listening to one today and loved the tone, it was a 12 string though. I was impressed with the price too. Now I need to find a place here where they sell Guild Acoustic. I'd love to play a few.

1519532603[/url]' post='1919616']

I just got a Guild M20 great little guitar wonderful neck and can't believe how much volume this thing makes

Built in California all mahogany . I can't seem to put it down.😍 Love'n it.

So is that where their built? The computer tells me that Guitar Center in Omaha carries them but I checked it out and they had Zero! Dietz Music didn't either.

I had "seen"them on all the big box websites the M120 is foreign made the M20 is made in the USA in California .(think Córdoba )!

I was at a small shop here in the St. Louis area (Webster groves) Music Folk and it was on the wall, and so I picked it up and bame

That little jewel came home with me! [tongue]

Never saw one in the realworld until then,only on line.

Worth a look imo sweetwater has a very good return policy.

....I was thinking specifically of used 70s Guilds.....

I admit - I've gone Guild (not that I wouldn't pick up a nice J-15 in the right circumstance!). Lots of guys love those vintage Westerly-built models. I prefer the newer used ones, especially out of New Hartford, but the ones made in Tacoma, WA and Corona, CA must also be considered. Newer ones are less likely to need repairs, and I'm no tech, so....

Fortunately, most say on the label where they were made, so no serial number lookup necessary. Guild USA finally has production up and running out of Oxnard, CA after a couple year hiatus. I guess the lower-priced Chinese builds out of the Grand Reward factory are nothing to sneeze at either. No gap in production from there.

Thought about Guild? A lot of guitar for the money, IMO.

I am up for anything as long as it is good quality!

New Hartford built jumbo Guild F-50R. AAA sitka. Ebony fretboard. DTAR dual source electronics. Cost less than $2000. Hard to find, though.

f50r560.jpg

Archived