Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson being sued

Black Dog

I wonder if its Gibsons own guitar design that causes the issues? The headstock angle and the angle from the middle strings to the tuners are just crazy.... Its id say one of the biggest issues they have BUT is part of their classic design so they cant really change it now?? Maybe just for auto tune guitars they could at least lessen the headstock angle a bit?

Donno..

If the company gets sold or when new management comes in it will be very interesting to see what they actually do... It will take a bold person to make that sort of design change.

I wonder if its Gibsons own guitar design that causes the issues? The headstock angle and the angle from the middle strings to the tuners are just crazy.... Its id say one of the biggest issues they have BUT is part of their classic design so they cant really change it now?? Maybe just for auto tune guitars they could at least lessen the headstock angle a bit?

Donno..

If the company gets sold or when new management comes in it will be very interesting to see what they actually do... It will take a bold person to make that sort of design change.

Or fast enough to outrun the zimmer-frame lynch party.

Donno..

I would guess if the Robotuner company designed a product that doesn't work (IE tune) 100+% accurately on a standard headstock of one of the worlds most prestigious makers - the company is at fault.

I would guess if the Robotuner company designed a product that doesn't work (IE tune) 100+% accurately on a standard headstock of one of the worlds most prestigious makers - the company is at fault.

Or, instead of guessing like everyone else, you could actually read about an actual company that has(had) an actual contract with Gibson, another actual company, and the licensing fees and arrangements made that are being brought to court.

I know I know, "...anybody can sue anybody...", I know. Companies that are looking for 50 odd million in contractual obligations plus future revenue that they see Gibson being unable to provide plus damages don't just go around suing people because anybody can sue anybody. See, they are already out a bunch of money and can't afford to just go to court and pile on one of the worlds most prestigious makers. If they are so prestigious they'd pay their bills, right? Don't we teach our kids that?

Yeesh. There's apologists, fan boys, and plain old deniers. I don't want Gibson sued any more than they want to be sued but dang, when the stuff hits the fan you have to at least consider the merits, not just decide "hey! I'm a fan boy! They'll never win against Gibson!"

rct

Archived