Gibson Brands Forums

Pain

harmonicchaos

This past week or so has been harder than usual for me. I've been having severe pain in my chest. I've been afraid that It was linked to my heart or my lungs. The pain became too unbearable for me to handle today so we scheduled an impromptu Doctors appointment. The good news is that it isn't my heart or lungs, the bad news is that I most likely have Acid Reflux. I also have ulcers along with an assortment of other stomach problems so this was just another added pain I have to deal with.

I'm hoping that after my parents' divorce ends, and things begin to settle down, my stress level will lower. I believe that stress plays a large part in my complications.

Anyone who has AR understands when I say that the pain is very severe. I just glad that the doctor gave me some painkillers. It's some strong stuff so it's relaxing me as well which has helped as well. I'm a very stressed out 15-year old.

Just thought I'd get that off my chest... I guess somewhat literally.

How do you all deal with stress and pain?... other than guitar obviously.

This past week or so has been harder than usual for me. I've been having severe pain in my chest. I've been afraid that It was linked to my heart or my lungs. The pain became too unbearable for me to handle today so we scheduled an impromptu Doctors appointment. The good news is that it isn't my heart or lungs' date=' the bad news is that I most likely have Acid Reflux. I also have ulcers along with an assortment of other stomach problems so this was just another added pain I have to deal with.

I'm hoping that after my parents' divorce ends, and things begin to settle down, my stress level will lower. I believe that stress plays a large part in my complications.

Anyone who has AR understands when I say that the pain is very severe. I just glad that the doctor gave me some painkillers. It's some strong stuff so it's relaxing me as well which has helped as well. I'm a very stressed out 15-year old.

Just thought I'd get that off my chest... I guess somewhat literally.

How do you all deal with stress and pain?... other than guitar obviously. [/quote']

For pain i go to china town they got some really amazing stuff thats natural and works. Stress...i just ignore it i keep myself busy (magzines,friends,video games,girls).

wish i could help but i don't having any problems with my chest and i don't ever get stressed. but judging from how people like my parents and brother when they are stressed out i would have to say that it definately effects how you feel.

Your condition is most probably caused by stress... happens to me every now and then (actually 3 times a month) so I have a little experience with that, really hurts, the only advice I can give you is to stay away from spicy food, lemon and peppers; eat/drink yogurt... (down here we have 2 types... one you drink and one you eat with a spoon... ) it will help.

Hope you get well soon, and sincerily wish the family situation gets better soon.

Careful with the pain killers they will do more damage to your stomach ! Take Prilosec once a day with a glass of water. This should really help you at your age before it gets too bad. There are a lot of things you wouldn't think of that aggravate it. Black Pepper is a big trigger for me, Soda mostly Cola as wall as dairy at night. Never eat anything 2 hours before lying down. This is a big part of my life unfortunately. Your young and should really try to figure out what your triggers are now. Keep a log of what you eat ect and the results.

Sorry to here about it take care man.

Careful with the pain killers they will do more damage to your stomach ! Take Prilosec once a day with a glass of water. This should really help you at your age before it gets too bad. There are a lot of things you wouldn't think of that aggravate it. Black Pepper is a big trigger for me' date=' Soda mostly Cola as wall as dairy at night. Never eat anything 2 hours before lying down. This is a big part of my life unfortunately. Your young and should really try to figure out what your triggers are now. Keep a log of what you eat ect and the results.

Sorry to here about it take care man.[/quote']

Don't worry, the painkillers are tummy-safe! They are an acetaminophen. All they've done so far is help. Yeah!!! The first noticeable relief I've felt for a while.

Yep, I've been taking it regularly for a while. It's helped the most after the painkillers.

I have to stay away from: coffee, chocolate, caffeine, pop, most juices, acidic foods, spicy foods, any milk products or products containing milk (milk allergy)... It sucks.

I've come out of self-inflicted exile for this one. I'm risking broken bone #19 for this. If anyone can relate to pain it's me. See: http://forums.gibson.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=14333

My way of dealing with stress is physical punishment (exercise). My method is bicycling. I started when I was 16 years old. Due to my father being very ill and a large part of caring for him fell on my shoulders. It was a terminal illness and he suffered for 6 years. Riding was the only thing that kept me sane. 32 years later and I'm still doing it. In '07 I rode over 15,000 miles (that's why I call it punishment) and was on pace for about 14,000 last year when it (and me) came to a crashing halt.

I feel with cycling you can socialize with others if you need to talk (cyclists are a very friendly bunch...even if they act like dicks to non-riders) or you can go out alone if you need to think and clear you head.

So, I recommend finding some sort of physical activity and just go out and do it. It is a great way to reduce stress and keep yourself it great physical shape for the really hard times.

Good Luck to you. It's back to hiding, before Lady (bad) Luck finds me.

Stress kills...find a release. Working up a good sweat 3-4 times a week wouldn't hurt...

+1 or More.

Ya know, Harmonichaos, I found Skiing or Snowboarding quite relaxing, but I'm lucky enough to live in a Ski resort town. Wherever you live, there's some sort of out door sport that you can do by yourself, but not exectly by yourself. When you're on the chairlift, you're usually riding with someone you know or chatting with someone you've only just met, then on the run, It's just you and the terrain. I always think straight when I'm done Boarding.

My advice (I don't know how old you are, so you might have to wait 'till you graduate High School) is go to a Ski Resort Town, Get a job for the winter, Snowboard your buns off and party 'till your Acid Reflux goes away. Don't forget to bring your guitar, but don't leave it where your roomates can get their grimmy little mitts on it.

Archived