Gibson Brands Forums

When are the new '19's coming out?

Black Dog

1550090915[/url]' post='1977434']

waiting impatiently myself too! they removed them almost immediately msp_sad.gif

So what happened to the SG Standard '61 models with two vibrolas that they advertised for $1999. You know, the ones that they showed at NAMM?? The are no longer being listed. Are they going to be available??

They do have a Custom '61, and a '64 with Vibrola at $4599 each listed now though. dry.gif

The most confusing thing to me is why anyone would want the sideways “vibrola” in the first place. The Maestro is questionable, the sideways one is well known to be very unstable. Did they change the design?

Same here. It's a toy to me. If yer actually using a guitar to maybe make money or record something that's the last thing you need.

rct

The most confusing thing to me is why anyone would want the sideways “vibrola” in the first place. The Maestro is questionable, the sideways one is well known to be very unstable. Did they change the design?

Because they look great! The sideways one not as much, but I've always been fond of Maestro equipped SG's as they just look better than stop bar SG's. To be honest, I haven't really had many tuning problems with Maestro's in the past, but then I rarely use them when playing the 2 SG's I have with them on.

I believe they did change the design of the sideways vibrola when they last did a batch of them back in 2013 if I remember correctly.

Leading on from my last post, this guy seems to have no tuning problems with the Maestro and tuning! It would be good if he did a video with a sideways vibrola too. I'd prefer if he had played clean or with far less distortion for tuning tests.

Archived