Gibson Brands Forums

Tribute 2018

Obedoff

Tributes are rarely faked. It's usually Customs or Standards. I really enjoy my 2017 Tribute. It gets more playing, band rehearsal and gigging time than the Standard, Traditional and Classic I own.  It's not a bad price for that guitar.  My Tribute is on the left.

LesPauls.jpg

4 minutes ago, MichaelT said:

Tributes are rarely faked. It's usually Customs or Standards. I really enjoy my 2017 Tribute. It gets more playing, band rehearsal and gigging time than the Standard, Traditional and Classic I own.  It's not a bad price for that guitar.  My Tribute is on the left.

LesPauls.jpg

2 hours ago, Obedoff said:

The 2018 tribute is good like the 2017?)

The 2018 tribute has no weight relief, while the 2017 has 9-hole weight relief. 2018 has the 490R/498T, while the 2017 has 490R/490T pickups. 2018 was the year Gibson introduced the cryogenic-ally treated frets, which at the time they alleged increased the life of the frets. Otherwise, they are very similar.  I'd say you're good either way. Personally I prefer the bridge pickups on the 2018, which is what they are currently using on the Studio, but I prefer the weight relief on the 2017. One possible explanation for the different pickups is that in 2018 the LP Classic had P-90s, so the 2018 Studio got the 2017 Classic pickups, the Classic 57/57+ and,by transitivity, the 2018 Tribute got the 2017 Studio pickups, the 490R/498T. The Faded already had the same pickups as the Tribute in 2017, thus no change. If it were me, given the option, I'd go with 2017, but I wouldn't pass a 2018 if that makes sense.

• Upvote 1

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:18 AM, dmanassero said:

Here the link for the Gibson Traditional 2018 , i will buy this tonight or tomorrow morning. Can check the photo's)

https://www.olx.ua/obyavlenie/gibson-les-paul-tribute-novaya-IDEQGNf.html

I have a 2018 Traditional. It's one of my main gigging guitars.

On 7/26/2019 at 10:41 AM, Obedoff said:

Hi again guys) tomorrow I will buy a Gibson tribute 2018 new... really new... from private, $1000. Can be this kind of Gibson fake? You think it's the right price?.... thanks for all your great help)

The 2018 Tributes are nice.   Can't go wrong there.   A lot of LP for the $$ 😉

18gtfront.jpg

18gtfrontzm.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hi all) i did not buy for now, the guy put up the price last moment 1100, still ok but i not like it , we speak for 960, and the day before he ask me 1100...  Anyway , today i was looking a Studio Alpine White 2014, $1100. The guitar is nice , like new, but.. a small piece of smalt is crash and the white its becoming yellow.... 

On 8/4/2019 at 10:04 AM, dmanassero said:

Todazy i'v got it..... Tribute 2018 new.......... little heavy but very nice.. i had very little time to try it))) here a pic of the baby))))

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-04 at 20.57.32.jpeg

Congratulations man, she's a beauty! 😎