Gibson Brands Forums

Whats the deal with "Creed"

Basshole

Now I like creed, I enjoy there music when its on. I think its has alot of dynamics to some of its songs and that what I like about them. The vocals are good, I like the low elvis sounding yellingish style. The drumming is cool, the guy has some cool beats. And the guitarist has some cool licks.

What I don't understand is why some people dislike them.

What is your take.

Now I like creed' date=' I enjoy there music when its on. I think its has alot of dynamics to some of its songs and that what I like about them. The vocals are good, I like the low elvis sounding yellingish style. The drumming is cool, the guy has some cool beats. And the guitarist has some cool licks.

What I don't understand is why some people dislike them.

What is your take.[/quote']

I used to like them and that type of music when I was younger ... Now not so much. My musical tastes have evolved. I don't dislike them now, I just don't like them very much. I guess you could say that I'm just lukewarm about them.

I used to like them and that type of music when I was younger ... Now not so much. My musical tastes have evolved. I don't dislike them now' date=' I just don't like them very much. I guess you could say that I'm just lukewarm about them.[/quote']

I never did like them....just doesnt have that sound i like.

I like some of their stuff but...

Creed is one of those bands that raises the question "when are they going to change key in the song"?

They have a lot of drop D stuff, too much. Not a lot of change of sound from album to album either.

Just my take...

I never did like them....just doesnt have that sound i like.

Yeah me neither now. Take into mind that I was 9 or so. At least I never got into the pop **** that cruds up mtv and most of the radio. I liked stuff like Dave Matthews Band, Five For Fighting, Coldplay, The Beatles, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden etc.

I just liked the fact that they were kinda heavy and I thought the dude's voice was kinda cool. Never cared for the lyrics or anything. I didn't even know what the band looked like until a couple years ago, long after I stopped liking them.

The biggest reasons I don't like Creed now is 1)Stapp or whatever his name is seems like a ****** to me. 2)I'm not religious so some of their content isn't my style.

According to my sources, Creed is going to have a reunion of sorts.

All of the original members, including former lead singer, Scott Stapp will be united for an upcoming album and tour.

Myles Kennedy, who replaced Stapp, will be fronting a Led Zeppelin reunion, filling the spot of Robert Plant, who has made it clear he wants nothing to do with the Led Zeppelin reunion tour.

According to my sources' date=' Creed is going to have a reunion of sorts.

All of the original members, including former lead singer, Scott Stapp will be united for an upcoming album and tour.

Myles Kennedy, who replaced Stapp, will be fronting a Led Zeppelin reunion, filling the spot of Robert Plant, who has made it clear he wants nothing to do with the Led Zeppelin reunion tour.[/quote']

:-

I like Creed and kinda wish they'd get back together but Scott's too much of an egomaniacal jerk that I doubt it would happen. Last I heard he turned to Christ after apearing on Spike's late night strip drunk off his @$$. That would've been hilarious to see though

Creed's a great band. For some reason band's become 'cool to hate' and people's reasoning is generally really stupid. The most popular is that 'they got sick of hearing them on the radio.' Dumb reason. Seriously. There's a quote by Mick Thomson of Slipknot I think where he says that when you're coming up, everyone loves you and thinks your great, and than when you finally make it those same people want to slam you and tell you how much you suck.

A lot of people think Stapp's a ******, I've him before and he's super nice. He had an RSVP show down here a few months back as a warm-up before they headed over to entertain the troops...almost 2 hours worth of hard rock, than him and his band hung out with the attending audience in the venue.

I've met Tremonti; now that guy was a ******. I complimented him when I met him at a Seether show in Orlando in '04 and said thanks because when I first started playing their first album was the first I ever learned front to back by ear and really taught me a lot. He said 'Oh gee thanks' like I just insulted him, gave me a nasty look and walked away. He really shouldn't be embarassed by the music he did in Creed because without that band's success, no one would give a crap about his current one, and he wouldn't have had the dough to fund it either.

I really hope that they do do a full blown reunion tour this year. They really raised the bar as far as putting out albums that were beginning to end good songs, and putting on great live shows, something a lot of band's just don't do anymore by just getting up onstage and going through the motions.

"One Last Breath" is one of my favourite guitar riffs of all time. I like their diversity' date=' and they're a lot heavier than most people think they are, especially for a "Christian" band. I like 'em.[/quote']

They aren't a christian band. Just because that's what your faith is doesn't mean that you play that kind of music. That's like saying my band was a jewish rock band when my friend Damien was still our bass player :)

Archived