Gibson Brands Forums

Sheriff Joe Arpaio

dc3c46

Never heard of the guy until this thread and searched up some news stories. I didn't get a lot of details, but the gist of it seems to be that he's going after a lot of Hispanics while searching for illegal aliens. I have no doubt that police officers profile in different ways; when I had long hair, I used to get pulled over a LOT and, often times, searched. I wasn't some drug addict or whatever, I was a guy in a band; after I got my hair cut short and started driving a nicer car, I stopped getting pulled over.

All that aside, Arizona borders Mexico. Who the hell else is he going to investigate as potentially people coming over illegally from Mexico besides Hispanics?

He pisses the bad guys off by making them wear pink undies and actually get punished instead of allowing them to lift weights and watch Oprah on the taxpayers dime. I say we need more like him.

BTW, it appears that this lawsuit is trumped up by the ILLEGALS he's been arresting. Just another way to try and give ILLEGALS the same rights as legals and citizens.

Libs!

He pisses the bad guys off by making them wear pink undies and actually get punished instead of allowing them to lift weights and watch Oprah on the taxpayers dime. I say we need more like him.

BTW' date=' it appears that this lawsuit is trumped up by the ILLEGALS he's been arresting. Just another way to try and give ILLEGALS the same rights as legals and citizens.

Libs![/quote']

Good thing you've got us libs to kick around. I'd hate to think you might have to use your imagination to make a convincing argument without condemnation.

I've met him at a couple functions, most recently at a protest where a bunch of idiots were protesting a sweep he was doing out here in the west side of Maricopa County. (That was a fun day - meeting THOSE Liberals....)

The guy is a self-serving, shameless attention grabber and the most dangerous place you can be is in between him and a TV camera.

He first came to notoriety in the nineties after the first Gulf War when he put up his Tent City to house inmates.

Relieved the overcrowding all the whiney Liberals were complaining about - Good job!

Oh no! This is inhumane! You can't house inmates in tents!

Arpaio said the tents were used by our Air Force in the deserts of Kuwait and Saudi Arabia, if they were good enough for our proud servicemen then they were good enough for a common criminal.

That argument died, but the Liberals are after him with a vengeance. Been over a decade now.

I have first hand knowledge of how he runs his show, I know a few people that got popped for DUI and spent a few days there - one of them in JULY. Not pretty.

Good friend of mine has a nephew - along with his wife - in the Durango Street jail on ID theft, another favorite of his.

The nephew and wife of course will cry about how they are treated - IT's JAIL!!!

Arpaio's position is; if you don't like my jail, don't come back.

My 19 year old stepson has spent a few weeks in there, he decided to change his ways after that.

Wouldn't listen to anybody else, but Uncle Joe got his attention.

He's still doing stupid sh!t (he doesn't come around here anymore) but he will at least stay out of jail...

I didn't vote for him in the past for several reasons - I thought he was too self-centered - but the old people here love him. Late last year, deputies busted the City Hall, Library and other city offices for Mesa in the middle of the night.

The city of Mesa has been allowing illegals to run around like stray dogs, Arpaio found out illegals were cleaning the city offices so he busted them.

CITY OFFICES!

Okay, I voted for him last November for the first time.

IF he will indeed take on ANYBODY who breaks the law, and call out EVERY enemy of the people, tell the Liberals and activist groups to kiss his ***, I'm behind him.

Most of all, he supports his deputies.

If you accuse his deputies of misconduct, he's on you like a pack of dogs. Stops the bullsh!t.

If you can PROVE misconduct of his deputies, that deputy is usually not heard from again.

He expects perfection of them.

I've spoken at length with commanders who work for Arpaio, they say they would never again work for another Sheriff.

Arpaio is what law enforcement used to be, we need alot more of it.

That argument died' date=' but the Liberals are after him with a vengeance. Been over a decade now.[/quote']

What else do Liberals have to do..... most protestors don't have a real job anyway! :D

Arpaio is what law enforcement used to be' date=' we need alot more of it.[/quote']

I agree with you.. Arpaio does what he say's and I have to assume his rate of prisoners coming back is lower than most states.

This is that guy with the tents' date=' OMG We need 10000's more of them. Damn right if I can sleep in a tent they can use the same tent. Poor babies don't break the law. Too many rights given to the law breakers and the Victims have lost almost all of theirs.[/quote']

Now I know who your talking about. So far as this liberal is concerned, as long as the inmates have their core needs covered I am cool with it. They have no need of cable TV and that sort of thing. This is a county jail isn't it. It's not a long term facility so I guess I don't understand what the problem is.

I agree with you.. Arpaio does what he say's and I have to assume his rate of prisoners coming back is lower than most states.

With the exception of a couple of sh!t-stirring lawyers in the crowd and all the TV crews there - you're right.

People' date=' I ACTUALLY GO to these protests and meet these people![/b']

I SEE FIRST HAND how the camera crews try to get "good stuff" for their broadcasts.

I see how they spin sh!t and I see how they choose who to talk to.

Funny, they lose interest in me pretty quick....

What you see on TV is all contrived and created for ratings. The truth is nowhere to be found.

Never heard of the guy until this thread and searched up some news stories. I didn't get a lot of details' date=' but the gist of it seems to be that he's going after a lot of Hispanics while searching for illegal aliens. I have no doubt that police officers profile in different ways; when I had long hair, I used to get pulled over a LOT and, often times, searched. I wasn't some drug addict or whatever, I was a guy in a band; after I got my hair cut short and started driving a nicer car, I stopped getting pulled over.

All that aside, Arizona borders Mexico. Who the hell else is he going to investigate as potentially people coming over illegally from Mexico besides Hispanics?

[/quote']

The police were just stopping you because you were so dang sexy...

Archived