Gibson Brands Forums

2019 Gibson soft case accidentally tested

SG Sydney

After a band session at a mates place it was time to go home by train, just me and my new 2019 SG Gibson. After a 5 hour session and with a little help from my friends Jim Beam, Jack Daniels, Amber Lagger and Mari Juana it was a pleasant walk to the train station............. until DISASTER   HAPPENED. I made it thru the train station gates but the SG didn't, it got hammered by both sides of the gates.......not once but twice......I'm sure I heard a grown man scream (was it me or was it the S G) confusion, unbelief, anger went thru my mind...... GET  the SG. out of those gates.......after throwing a few punches at the gates the SG was released...  I checked the case in both sides, no dents or marks at all . I unzipped open the soft case and pulled out the SG. Checked it out all over, didn't feel a thing, all in tact thanks to Gibson quality soft case.  OK  it if was a hard case there wouldn't have been any concern at all, but this 2019 SG comes with a soft case shell , it ain't  invincible , if I was traveling by plane I wouldn't put it in the cargo area. Hard case for sure.....no worries.......anyway it passed this  episode, those gates really come in fast on your hips , if you ever been hit and they really hit hard...... anyway I hope no more accidental testings are installed for the future for me..... next band session....... TAXI  fore sure !

• Like 3

7 hours ago, SG Sydney said:

After a band session at a mates place it was time to go home by train, just me and my new 2019 SG Gibson. After a 5 hour session and with a little help from my friends Jim Beam, Jack Daniels, Amber Lagger and Mari Juana it was a pleasant walk to the train station............. until DISASTER   HAPPENED. I made it thru the train station gates but the SG didn't, it got hammered by both sides of the gates.......not once but twice......I'm sure I heard a grown man scream (was it me or was it the S G) confusion, unbelief, anger went thru my mind...... GET  the SG. out of those gates.......after throwing a few punches at the gates the SG was released...  I checked the case in both sides, no dents or marks at all . I unzipped open the soft case and pulled out the SG. Checked it out all over, didn't feel a thing, all in tact thanks to Gibson quality soft case.  OK  it if was a hard case there wouldn't have been any concern at all, but this 2019 SG comes with a soft case shell , it ain't  invincible , if I was traveling by plane I wouldn't put it in the cargo area. Hard case for sure.....no worries.......anyway it passed this  episode, those gates really come in fast on your hips , if you ever been hit and they really hit hard...... anyway I hope no more accidental testings are installed for the future for me..... next band session....... TAXI  fore sure !

Was this like a subway station? What kind of gates are you talking about. All I can really picture are turn-style type entrances.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, deeman said:

Was this like a subway station? What kind of gates are you talking about. All I can really picture are turn-style type entrances.

We have a line here in Jersey that the gates have doors like these. I was picturing this in his story.

img_139552.jpg

Edited by Big Bill

Gooday deeman,  the gates I'm talking about are hip height and there's one in each side. My smart phone won't send pictures for some reason, but if you google Sydney trains gates U can see them there, there red or blue gates, there the old type but they are resently updating to the new grey gates like you have in your country. I'm down under here in Sydney Australia....... Cheers mate ..

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:07 AM, Big Bill said:

We have a line here in Jersey that the gates have doors like these. I was picturing this in his story.

img_139552.jpg

Okay, yeah my office building has something like that. The CTA 'L' here in Chicago still uses the ol' turnstile for entry, much safer for a guitar case than those doors closing on you!

• Like 1

On 10/4/2019 at 7:02 AM, deeman said:

Okay, yeah my office building has something like that. The CTA 'L' here in Chicago still uses the ol' turnstile for entry, much safer for a guitar case than those doors closing on you!

My home town. I remember taking the 'L' to Cubs games, when I was a kid, very well. "crackle, crackle, Addison, crackle, crackle" Good times.  🙂

Edited by Marky Forrest
  • Like 2