Gibson Brands Forums

SG Carved Top - Autumn Burst

ics1974

It's a neat novelty piece, probably plays "ok" below the 15th fret, but I'm just not interested in it. I just wait for (and hope for) a proper early-to-mid-60's reissue w/Vibrola (Historic or not, but it's GOTTA BE RIGHT). I wouldn't even mind if they offered a '61 reissue w/short Maestro and the ebony-block tailpiece (better beveling and a TRUE CHERRY finish though) as a regular USA "Limited Run", provided it was done right and wasn't 3K. I'll leave the PRSg for someone who really appreciates that sorta' thing.

H-Bomb

I think it looks sweet! The carved top (like on the Diablos) is something cool and unique... I like having the separate neck/bridge knobs, but the layout on the carved top isn't bad - volumne is close for on the fly adjustment, volume swells, etc...

The colour is beautiful! And Burstbucker Pros too. The tuners are about the only thing that bother me.

SGCTABCH1-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx

I think it looks sweet! The carved top (like on the Diablos) is something cool and unique... I like having the separate neck/bridge knobs' date=' but the layout on the carved top isn't bad - volumne is close for on the fly adjustment, volume swells, etc...

The colour is beautiful! And Burstbucker Pros too. The tuners are about the only thing that bother me.

[img']http://www2.gibson.com/getdoc/37e54dc7-a23c-44bc-a5bc-c850c19a74dd/SGCTABCH1-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx[/img]

Nothing wrong with Grovers, man. They get the job done. TonePros Klusons should come standard on all Gibsons though, if you want my opinion. But I love Grovers on SG's.

I showed this model to a friend of mine yesterday and he said "that's the pointiest Paul Reed Smith I ever saw"

H-Bomb

• 1 month later...

I'm not much for flame tops either but man that's one good looking hunk o' wood. Got a price quote today for $2300 from a local (non-GC) guitar store. Not bad but for that much dough it should at least have a bound neck.

Just visiting the SG forum from the Les Paul side. I've already bored those guys with my gassin' for the Autumn burst so I thought I'd come visit here for a little bit.

My thinking is that this would be Les Paul sounding but a little lighter and better upper fret access. Or do you think that's way off mark?

[-o<

I still say it looks nice. But did you read the price? For over 4k it has to do a lot more than just look nice...

Greetings

Kurt

It performs sexual favors while your wife's at the grocery store.

Still, they ARE rather pretty. Saw one this past weekend.

whats the difference between a carved maple top and a quilted maple top? i was wondering because my sg prophecy has a quilted maple top and i wanna make im getting the fullest experience outta my sg so would someone elaborate on this for me?

whats the difference between a carved maple top and a quilted maple top? i was wondering because my sg prophecy has a quilted maple top and i wanna make im getting the fullest experience outta my sg so would someone elaborate on this for me?

only look, the sound is the same

everyway, i prefer and i like much an SG standard instead this limited SG autumn burst

Carved - not flat, some conture on the body top.

Quilted - a nicely figured piece of maple wood.

Archived