Gibson Brands Forums

SG Carved Top - Autumn Burst

ics1974

It's a neat novelty piece, probably plays "ok" below the 15th fret, but I'm just not interested in it. I just wait for (and hope for) a proper early-to-mid-60's reissue w/Vibrola (Historic or not, but it's GOTTA BE RIGHT). I wouldn't even mind if they offered a '61 reissue w/short Maestro and the ebony-block tailpiece (better beveling and a TRUE CHERRY finish though) as a regular USA "Limited Run", provided it was done right and wasn't 3K. I'll leave the PRSg for someone who really appreciates that sorta' thing.

H-Bomb

I think it looks sweet! The carved top (like on the Diablos) is something cool and unique... I like having the separate neck/bridge knobs, but the layout on the carved top isn't bad - volumne is close for on the fly adjustment, volume swells, etc...

The colour is beautiful! And Burstbucker Pros too. The tuners are about the only thing that bother me.

SGCTABCH1-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx

I think it looks sweet! The carved top (like on the Diablos) is something cool and unique... I like having the separate neck/bridge knobs' date=' but the layout on the carved top isn't bad - volumne is close for on the fly adjustment, volume swells, etc...

The colour is beautiful! And Burstbucker Pros too. The tuners are about the only thing that bother me.

[img']http://www2.gibson.com/getdoc/37e54dc7-a23c-44bc-a5bc-c850c19a74dd/SGCTABCH1-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx[/img]

Nothing wrong with Grovers, man. They get the job done. TonePros Klusons should come standard on all Gibsons though, if you want my opinion. But I love Grovers on SG's.

I showed this model to a friend of mine yesterday and he said "that's the pointiest Paul Reed Smith I ever saw"

H-Bomb

• 1 month later...

I'm not much for flame tops either but man that's one good looking hunk o' wood. Got a price quote today for $2300 from a local (non-GC) guitar store. Not bad but for that much dough it should at least have a bound neck.

Just visiting the SG forum from the Les Paul side. I've already bored those guys with my gassin' for the Autumn burst so I thought I'd come visit here for a little bit.

My thinking is that this would be Les Paul sounding but a little lighter and better upper fret access. Or do you think that's way off mark?

[-o<

whats the difference between a carved maple top and a quilted maple top? i was wondering because my sg prophecy has a quilted maple top and i wanna make im getting the fullest experience outta my sg so would someone elaborate on this for me?

only look, the sound is the same

everyway, i prefer and i like much an SG standard instead this limited SG autumn burst

whats the difference between a carved maple top and a quilted maple top? i was wondering because my sg prophecy has a quilted maple top and i wanna make im getting the fullest experience outta my sg so would someone elaborate on this for me?

Carved - not flat, some conture on the body top.

Quilted - a nicely figured piece of maple wood.

Archived