Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Center pre black friday special

FemmeParallell

Not sure if this is an actual on sale price, since i really never checked, but maybe some of you would like to know this

Gibson Les Paul Special P-90 Limited Edition Electric Guitar Honey Burst for $899.99

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson/Les-Paul-Special-P-90-Limited-Edition-Electric-Guitar-Honey-Burst-1500000220202.gc

Is Guitar Center known for putting a lot of good guitars on sale for black friday? im thinking about getting a Fender player strat

Edit, lots of typos, its still early for my brain

Edited by FemmeParallell

I went on Sunday to the big VIP event, did some pedal trading.  That guitar was there, it was pretty schwanky for 900 bucks Chief.

The black quilt top strat was there, we were thinking I might blow 2 grand on it but no, it is not great looking in person and I don't need another black strat.  Also an Ash bodied rosewood neck-ed Strat.  It was nice too, I have a rosewood neck-ed Tele and I love that thing.  So that Strat was an 1800 dollar possibility but naahh.  I NEED the Shell Pink cheapo Mexican strat one of these days.  And Purple.  Need some Purple.

Didn't have the Deluxe or Twin Tone Masters, which I really wanted to try out.

Free T-shirt, got some dreck out and some good stuff in, all in all a good Sunday night.

rct

• Like 1

Just now, FemmeParallell said:

Great review! and a free tshirt!

Yes, that shell pink strat is calling me, that one and the black that looks like Gilmour's...but im also thinking of getting ANOTHER R61 SG . Its so hard to decide since i can only get one =(

That Shell Pink is screaming my name.  Maybe Christmas.  I have the Black that looks like Gilmours but it doesn't look at all like Gilmours it looks like one of mine.  Great all around garden variety run of the mill Mexican Strat, which means it is almost as perfect as they can be.

rct

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pauloqs said:

In the VIP event, what I wanted was the satin black quilted Les Paul with ebony board, black hardware, dark inlays, black plastic, unmounted pickguard and 57 classics. 

Yes, our store did not have one and many peoples were disappointed.  I wanted a whack at it too.

rct

30 minutes ago, rct said:

That Shell Pink is screaming my name.  Maybe Christmas.  I have the Black that looks like Gilmours but it doesn't look at all like Gilmours it looks like one of mine.  Great all around garden variety run of the mill Mexican Strat, which means it is almost as perfect as they can be.

rct

Nice! i hope you do get it for Christmas, you let us know if you do...i will keep thinking which of those 2 strats i shall get!

I went ours in Westlake Village (GC's headquarters) on Sunday. Very crowded but I was attended to. I played the Fender Alternate universe or reality Meteora. That was fun. I want the Eric Johnson Thinline Strat. Not that I am going to get another guitar, just pushing the dream.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tman said:

I went ours in Westlake Village (GC's headquarters) on Sunday. Very crowded but I was attended to. I played the Fender Alternate universe or reality Meteora. That was fun. I want the Eric Johnson Thinline Strat. Not that I am going to get another guitar, just pushing the dream.

I want that thing.  I have an EJ, I am nothing but greedy and want another.  Pure luxury that thing is.

rct

2 hours ago, rct said:

I want that thing.  I have an EJ, I am nothing but greedy and want another.  Pure luxury that thing is.

rct

And the thinline is lightweight. Damn, obsession time now that you've said that. (I am not blaming you, I promise, just looking for an excuse, anything, to justify this latest desire).   Must....find....water..

33 minutes ago, Tman said:

And the thinline is lightweight. Damn, obsession time now that you've said that. (I am not blaming you, I promise, just looking for an excuse, anything, to justify this latest desire).   Must....find....water..

lolz

If a guitar player touches my EJrctRW they want it immediately.

rct

On 11/26/2019 at 11:31 AM, Tman said:

I’m jonesing for just a Vintera thinline 70’s Tele Blonde. But I’m about to move next month and will drop about 10k in the process, but damn a new guitar would be a nice present to me from me.  I think it’s going to happen.

5 hours ago, pauloqs said:

I caved in and got the Les Paul Black Knight.  

😧 wow!! that's awesome

I checked Musicians friend page last night and found out the black fender player strat i wanted was on sale for $549 so yeah i order it hehe

the sad part is now i have to sell a guitar, most probably its gonna be my 12 stringed Alvarez 😞

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2019 at 12:31 PM, Tman said:

OMG FENDER TWO-TONE THINLINE TELECASTER FIESTA RED OR DAPHNE BLUE OR SEAFOAM GREEN ON OLYMPIC WHITE BACK EBONY BOARD OMG OMG OMG OMG KILL ME NOW