Gibson Brands Forums

Old Threads

Sgt. Pepper

I and another member (and maybe even you) have noticed that old threads are being resurrected. I have even commented on them and did not look at the OP's original post date.  Are people like me not looking at the dates, or are we bored or really interested in a thread from 6 to 10 years ago.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I think some folks just don't pay attention to the date. They should. Doesn't make much sense to answer a question that somebody posted 10 years ago. 

Just start a new thread if you want to return to that subject. 

5 minutes ago, brad1 said:

I think some folks just don't pay attention to the date. They should. Doesn't make much sense to answer a question that somebody posted 10 years ago. 

Just start a new thread if you want to return to that subject. 

I know I was duped by not reading the date.

I always assumed someone did a Search for some topic and an old thread came up as  one of the results. 

I think it's kind of cool to look over some old thread that I might have participated in 8 years ago. Or even if I didn't post in it, I recognize current or past members. IDK. Maybe I'm just weird. 

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, saturn said:

I think it's kind of cool to look over some old thread that I might have participated in 8 years ago. Or even if I didn't post in it, I recognize current or past members. IDK. Maybe I'm just weird. 

Same here!

39 minutes ago, Murph said:

Some newbies will just do a search. Doesn't bother me.

I love the old threads.

This place was the wild, wild West....

I'm down for the Robert Conrad days to return. PC'ness is for woosys.

Look we can't even type the word d***. We have to find out a different way to spell it due to the PC filters. See - D!ck. It blocked it out.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

I don’t mind unknowingly tripping into an old thread.  Then, after I respond to the latest comment I’ll discover that I previously commented in the thread three years earlier.....lol.....But, that fine.  In all likelihood it’s a topic that interested me then and still grabs my attention.  Plus, it kind of shows me if my views have changed.  Also reminds me of some old friends that don’t visit anymore or are sadly gone.