Gibson Brands Forums

Survivors guide to life ,liberty and all things good.

Homz

Survivors guide to life, liberty and all things good.

Books, Movies, Music.

Name one of each that is absolutely essential for a happy life. Soul stuff.

"Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, The Gods Must Be Crazy, Dark Side of the Moon"

Survivors guide to life' date=' liberty and all things good.

Books, Movies, Music.

"Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, The Gods Must Be Crazy, Dark Side of the Moon"

[/quote']

Great thread.

Book: The Bible

Movie: Raiders of the Lost Ark

Music: Grateful Dead, Europe '72

The Gods Must Be Crazy is a great movie. I haven't seen it in so long, I'll have to watch it again. They way they over exaggerate the clicks, clacks and pops of their language always made me laugh quite a bit. Funny stuff.

Survivors guide to life' date=' liberty and all things good.

Books, Movies, Music.

[/quote']

Esp. if zombies attack, its always good to have this on hand.

Great thread.

Indeed.

Book: The Bible

Agreed.

Add the Founding documents of our nation...

Team America - World Police.

Smokin' hot guitar blues.

Is Zombie a synonym for conservative?

What's a zombie?

What's a synonym?

What do YOU consider a 'conservative' to be?

Just wondering?

Aren't you always?

Not saying you're dumb - a questioning attitude is healthy.

But always...?

Dead wrong wicked lady.

The value of either one is greatly diminished when the other is cast off a so much rubbish.

I have found this to be true in 100% of my conversations with every person I ever met who would make such a statement.

They are inseparable in my opinion, with my values, and in my life.

Disagree all you want, you'll simply be labeled by me as another one of 'them'....

Enjoy!

:-)

The First Amendment was clearly understood and explained by the man who wrote it and the man who first applied it as law. Fisher Ames wrote the First Amendment. He also wrote that the Bible should always remain the principle text book in America's classrooms. John Jay, original Chief-Justice U.S. Supreme Court, said it is the duty of all wise, free, and virtuous governments to help and encourage virtue and religion.

The Constitution of the United States of America was penned by the man who was head of the committee which created the final wording. That man, Governor Morris of Pennsylvania, was also the most active member of the Constitutional Convention. He spoke 173 times. He also advocated that "education should teach the precepts of religion and the duties of man towards God."

An early House Judiciary Committee affirmed the Founder's lack of pluralistic intent when it declared: "Christianity ...was the religion of the founders of the republic, and they expected it to remain the religion of their descendants."

" You do well to wish to learn our arts and our ways of life, and above all, the religion of Jesus Christ. Congress will do everything they can to assist you in this wise intention." George Washington

" Let...statesmen and patriots unite their endeavors to renovate the age by...educating their little boys and girls...and leading them in the study and practice of the exalted virtues of the Christian system." Samuel Adams

"History will also afford frequent opportunities of showing the necessity of a public religion...and the excellency of the Christian religion above all others, ancient or modern." Benjamin Franklin

"Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation." John Jay, ORIGINAL CHIEF-JUSTICE U.S. SUPREME COURT

"The United States of America were no longer Colonies. They were an independent nation of Christians." John Qunicy Adams

97% of the founding fathers were practicing Christians and exercised their faith in public office, at work, at home, and had it taught to their children in their schools. 187 of the first 200 colleges in America were Christian, Bible teaching institutions. Entrance to Harvard required strong knowledge of the Bible. The money was printed, "One Nation Under God." Noah Webster wrote the dictionary with Bible verses explained so children could understand the words of God and know the truth of Jesus Christ. Webster even wrote a translation of the Bible for the American speaking people.

You could hardly find a school in America that wasn't Christian based with the Bible as its main text book until the 1830's. That was when a humanist named Horace Mann worked for ten years to deceive the state of Massachusetts to produce its own state supported schools and leave the Bible out of those schools. As a result of the attack upon children learning the truths of God and Salvation, the American Sunday School League was formed during that same decade so those children who were deprived could still get Bible knowledge.

We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

The Declaration of Independence appeals to God no less than three times. Four to those who can see His Name in the phrase "protection of divine providence". Five to those who can admit the phrase "created equal" means created by God, not evolved from chaos.

Dead wrong wicked lady.

The value of either one is greatly diminished when the other is cast off a so much rubbish.

I have found this to be true in 100% of my conversations with every person I ever met who would make such a statement.

They are inseparable in my opinion' date=' with my values, and in my life.

Disagree all you want, you'll simply be labeled by me as another one of 'them'....

Enjoy!

:-)[/quote']

Ah, if only I cared what you label me as! :) I'm not ashamed to share company with Tom Jefferson and Ben Franklin--fine non-Christian men indeed!

And now I must go see if that's the fire truck pulling into the driveway.

Ah' date=' if only I cared what you label me as! [/quote']

I would not have expected any less.

Tom Jefferson and Ben Franklin--fine non-Christian men indeed!

Bullsh!t perpetuated as a continued assault anybody who believes in God.

Great way to win enemies and influence friends.

I'll accept the insult as you intended and allow you to accept mine in kind.

Get ready.

And now I must go see if that's the fire truck pulling into the driveway.

Ah, if I only cared that you willingly choose to burn in hell.

Don't let the fire truck leave, someday you'll wish he was there to assist you for eternity.

Homz tied up, sent you in his stead to talk sh!t to people as the mood strikes you?

That's my man... :-)

If you actually knew her you wouldn't make such assumptions. She does have many qualities you couldn't imagine in a woman. She actually uses her own mind and doesn't need me to tell her what to think or say. As for your arrogant curse of hell I can only say it was with out a doubt the most pathetic thing I have ever heard a person say to someone they don't know at all. You are why most reasonable people find the conservatives of this country to be no longer relevant.

Hell...:) ..lol......

Sometimes when Adults talk about Hell like its real it Cracks Me Up!

Cute, isn't it?

I wish I could think of a single book that I'd take to a desert island. At least, I'm reasonably sure on the other 2.

Movie: The Blues Brothers

Album: Rumours--Fleetwood Mac

Archived