Gibson Brands Forums

The Studio club

jrseriel

No' date=' I paid about £8 for them from a mail order company. So easy to install and in my opinion, looks much better then the original Speed Dials. [/quote']

Yaff...Do they fit pretty flush with the body? They look like it but hard to tell....and are these the same ones?:

Bell Knobs

Thanks!

Hi all,

first time posting here. Here's mine. A 93 LP Studio Lite in Trans Black. Just recently acquired from a friend of mine. Sent it for re-loving and installed new Alnico II Pro Slash Pups. She sounds really great...well..to me at least.

lp2o.th.jpg

lp5.th.jpg

lp3.th.jpg

lp4i.th.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I like the fact that you changed the tuning keys' date=' now install some top hat knobs and it will be badass![/quote']

Ok decided to go with the top hats and also went with CTS pots and Luxe repro BB's with the 1950's wiring.

DSC_0742-1.jpg

DSC_0743.jpg

Before

DSC_0351-1.jpg

After

DSC_0742.jpg

The BB's really opened up the tone range.

• 3 weeks later...

Well. Here's my baby. I've named her, "Rosalie." She's a 2010 made Les Paul Fireburst with gold hardware. It was originally $1319.99 but believe it or not, because of a ding that's actually pretty noticable but I don't mind it at all, it got marked down to $799.99. The ding can be seen on the third picture, it's on the top edge.

a>

a>

a>

50s studio tribute finally showed up. Shipping to Canucklehead land was...fun...

Loving this guitar so far, though I want to let the honeymoon period end before I pass judgement. I will say this is the first studio I picked up and liked right away. Quality fit/finish.

Feels good, sounds good.

008.jpg

thanks ya guys. and gator, how much would the 50s trib be in us dollars? thanks! its looking pretty sweet! might i say that id rather get it in something other then black(: black can get boring sometimes but of course that's your opinion and it's your guitar. have fun with it man! oh and a last question, are the p90's hum cancelling?

thanks ya guys. and gator' date=' how much would the 50s trib be in us dollars? thanks! its looking pretty sweet! might i say that id rather get it in something other then black(: black can get boring sometimes but of course that's your opinion and it's your guitar. have fun with it man! oh and a last question, are the p90's hum cancelling?[/quote']

I paid 800 US. Depends on the dealer.

Black wasn't my first choice, but color is a distant third behind fit/finish and tone for me. Looks better in person than in pics, thankfully. I took a chance ordering, figuring I'd easily sell and get my money back if I didn't like it. Long & McQuade (the only Gibson dealer in Canada) told me that they aren't getting any tributes.

I don't know if the P90s are hum canceling. They don't hum much on my setup, but they aren't as quiet as the BB Pros in my standard.

thanks ya guys. and gator, how much would the 50s trib be in us dollars? thanks! its looking pretty sweet! might i say that id rather get it in something other then black(: black can get boring sometimes but of course that's your opinion and it's your guitar. have fun with it man! oh and a last question, are the p90's hum cancelling?

No, P 90's are Gibson's single coils, and they've got a very cool and unique sound. Been around for many years (preceded the Humbuckers and were in the very first Les Paul models from '52-'56 and are in the reissues of those years).

50s studio tribute finally showed up. Shipping to Canucklehead land was...fun...

Loving this guitar so far' date=' though I want to let the honeymoon period end before I pass judgement. I will say this is the first studio I picked up and liked right away. Quality fit/finish.

Feels good, sounds good.

[img']http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x295/mthenzi/008.jpg[/img]

Where did you get that guitar from?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got mine yesterday. My first Les Paul. I've only played a Studio model a couple of times but have been wanting one for a long time. Got her all set up proper last night and I'm spending the day with my new honey and loving it.

STUDIO1.jpg

STUDIO2.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg