Gibson Brands Forums

The Studio club

jrseriel

Just this afternoon, I ordered a red satin Studio. Seeing all these pictures, I'm not sure whether I don't want to change to brown. There's something really rich looking about the brown satin finishes, or else the owners of brown satin finish Studios are better photographers. [flapper]

Years ago, I had a black Studio. I wasn't much into humbuckers then, being pretty much a Strat guy. As I've gotten older, the smooth, warmer tone of the humbuckers is something I want to get back into, so here I am. Pictures when it gets here.

If there is ammonia in the glass cleaner, I wouldn't use it. "Green" glass cleaners might be better, but why use that at all?

There are plenty of good guitar polishes out there and the usual suggestion when confronted with grime the polish won't clean off is a soapy damp rag. I'd be careful. This is no Esteban guitar you're talking about.

If there is ammonia in the glass cleaner, I wouldn't use it. "Green" glass cleaners might be better, but why use that at all?

There are plenty of good guitar polishes out there and the usual suggestion when confronted with grime the polish won't clean off is a soapy damp rag. I'd be careful. This is no Esteban guitar you're talking about.

Thanks for the info! (:

Happy replacement for the Musician's Friend mess I received before. Infinitely easier to play from the standpoint of setup, but I'll make some small adjustments. Most of all, good fret finishing... (my pet peeve). It sounds great through both my Fender Pro Junior and my little Marshall practice amp.

It's funny how certain little things jump out at you. The trapezoid inlays on this guitar are a yellower, creamy color where the ones on the red satin I had or the red satin in the store. They were both whiter. I wonder if they do that for a reason? I never thought of it before, but the brown has a more vintage vibe to it that I like. Crazy reason to like a guitar I guess, but to some small extent, it works for me.

So, MANY thanks for the input guys. I am now really happy with what I have here.

IMG_1079-1.jpg

Besides, the name on the truss rod cover called my name!

IMG_1080-1.jpg

I'm convinced the Swampash Studio was one of the best looking LP's made. I wish they had put dots on the fretboard though. I do tend to navigate by the dots a bit.

Thanks DennisMiller. :)

They currently do the same model with a rosewood fretboard and dot inlays but I love mine as it's made from ebony and it looks and feels great. They don't make the ebony ones anymore.

I think I have this ones twin............

angleup.jpg

and here is the twin, its a 2005 Custom I ordered from Gibson. I had them replace the fret blocks with the trapizods, I also had the binding removed and finally I had a different fret board added. Since I love the sound of the Studio I had Gibson replace the standard pickups in my custom with the stock pickups of the Studio. So yall like my custom built Custom?

l_eca9d670d3344e0d86e2679021fb820f.jpg

l_8488c2e7684948dd9b400f19d587bc22.jpg

that must have cost you an arm and a big toe having gibson doing all that work what kind of tuners do you have