Gibson Brands Forums

Harvest Moon cover. Neil Young

rbpicker

Here’s my take on Neil Young’s Harvest Moon.  This is my favorite N.Y. tune.  Played on my favorite guitar, tuned down a half step.  Dropped D tuning.

I hope you enjoy it...the audio quality is less than I’d hoped for, but I’m not sure why.  
rb

• Like 2

Big Neil Young fan here. I do this song also, but not nearly as good as you! This cover is really good. I will use it to improve my own version of Harvest Moon, thank you for posting! The guitar playing is great...but the voice...oh yes rbpicker...the vocals are just so soothing and exquisite, exactly as they should be. Nothing more need be said! Well done!

Edited by ALD323

Thanks for the feedback, folks.  However, I took the link down because I feel the performance and the sound quality was not very good.  I’m not smart enough to figure out what went wrong with the recording.  I always use just my iPhone, but this time it sounded harsh and distorted.  Not sure why.  Maybe my voice is what’s harsh and distorted 😬😬. Anyway, if I can’t figure it out, I’ll just hang it up.  

thanks again, this forum is always very kind and supportive.

rb

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

please don't hang it up.  I've enjoyed your playing and singing.  i do hope you'll re-record Harvest Moon.  I didn't get a chance to hear it before you took it down.  Actually looking forward to learning that song.  I just bought my first J-200  ( 2010 Custom) and it will be delivered by the weekend.  I haven't played for a long time, due mainly to 32 years of line work , but retired in May and have been finally getting back into playing again.  Anyway, hope you keep sharing your covers.  they are very inspiring and a pleasure to enjoy.  Thank you!