Gibson Brands Forums

Acoustic guitars... do you own one?

Thundergod

I've had at least 20 acoustics. I just have to have one around. If not, I kind'a freak out.

I used to buy a nice one, and without fail I would run into a great electric somewhere and trade it. I finally learned my lesson, and bought a real cheapo that wouldn't be worth trading.

As I've just posted on the 'Cheapest Guitar' thread, these are the one-and-a-bit acoustics I have. I've had them both just about 30 years but the f-hole (see acoustic help thread for whole story) is currenly un-playable.

The 'Martin'-esque jumbo gets a workout every few days.

Ignore the black guitar.

I do.

(It just happened to be on this comp'ed photo and I didn't re-crop for this thread. Sorry about that.)

Groupoffive.jpg

I have a Taylor 310CE and a Takamine (don't know the model but it's 30+ years old). I play both a lot. Actually I do all the practicing and writing on the Takamine. I play that guitar about an hour a day and the electrics come out a few times a week...

i have a 2007 Lucio Nunez Classical. Lucio is a U.S. builder located in San Antonio Texas. A very nice cat, and his instruments are aces.

The classical he made for me is my #1 guitar. my #1 money maker.

i play electric as a hobby, but people actually pay me to perform their weddings & banquets. I've been extremely busy with working as a stagehand, and haven't been able to practice as much as i'd like, but, man......... my classical in a good hall is ecstasy.

MyLucio.jpg

I don't believe the idea of an electric guitar and an acoustic guitar being different instruments. They might sound different, but they're the same thing.

I have four acoustic guitars - three steel-string and one classical.

I don't have a good picture of the Fullerton dreadnought, but imagine a Martin, with a cutaway, that's had the finish stripped and then stained. It's very uneven, but it sounds and feels much better now.

DSC00465.jpg

Martin DX1RGT

DSC00476.jpg

Rodriguez C3

DSC00480.jpg

(The Indian Rosewood back looks so good, I had to show the back side)

DSC00459.jpg

Gibson LG-0

Archived