Gibson Brands Forums

Like A Sad Song. John Denver cover

rbpicker

Quick iPad recording of John Denver’s “Like A Sad Song”.  Not my J45 this time, played on an OM28.  
Some of John’s songs were sappy, but he gave a genuine, heartfelt performance every time.  I’m sorry he’s gone.

Bonus flubs included at no charge.   thanks for listening.  I hope you enjoy it.

Roger

Edited by rbpicker
  • Like 2

• rbpicker changed the title to Like A Sad Song. John Denver cover

Very nice, Roger. I get quite nostalgic about JD from time to time; his music was big for me in my teens and into my college days. Lotsa clean, clear guitars where the likes of me could play along and learn some things. 
A couple of years ago, my college roommate and I reunited after 35 years. She sang and I played, back in the day, so when she came for a visit, we went out to my then-regular open mic  and whipped out one of our favorites, “Eclipse,” like no time had passed. 
John’s songs live on…thanks for reviving this one. Well done.

Eclipse

Thanks so much, Anne.  I appreciate you giving this a listen.  

Yes, John’s music wasn’t for everybody, I guess, but much of it spoke to me.  And that voice was hard to deny...wow.  Thanks also for posting the link to you and your college friend performing.  I had not heard that song by JD.  It was great watching you two recapture your college memories that way.  Bravo!

Roger

• Like 1