Gibson Brands Forums

Robert Make Them Stop

Sgt. Pepper

I guess Robert didn't get my memo and yes indeed we got another one. This time its the Eurythmics classic Sweet Dreams. And once again Toyah is very proud of her mammalian protuberances. And Sidney Jake is in it again. Toyah is actually not singing to bad on this one.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I guess Robert didn't get my memo and yes indeed we got another one. This time its the Eurythmics classic Sweet Dreams. And once again Toyah is very proud of her mammalian protuberances. And Sidney Jake is in it again. Toyah is actually not singing to bad on this one.

juvenile as usual

23 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Thanks. 

But legend has it Babe once ate 12 hot dogs and drank 8 bottles of soda between a double header. I might be able to chock down 3 if I'm hungry enough. 

I think John and George handed the Let It Be aka Get Back tapes off the Phil.  I think Paul didn't find out about it till the album came out. Coincidentally it is my wife's favorite Beatles album. And Yes Naked was much better than the original. I can't wait for the Doc that will hopefully be out in two months or so. I used to own it on 8-track. 

As far as the Beatles solo stuff its hit and miss with me.

Paul's stuff up to Venus And Mars except for Wild Life was I can still listen to and enjoy.

George's All Things Must Pass is usually all I listen to from him. The last album on that of just them jamming was awful. And there are a few songs on some of his other solo albums I like. I never was a fan or George's voice.

John's stuff like I said combine the best stuff of the first two of his solo albums and that is where I stop. Mind Games and Walls And Bridges has a good song or two, but that is it.  Double and Milk And Honey were pieces of poo. Double like I said maybe had 3 good tracks on it.

Ringo's stuff is just silly. He can't sing, and I own Ringo and Goodnight Vienna on vinyl and each album has a decent song or two, but Ringo should stick to what he does best - drumming and being funny. 

I'm a harsh critic and I know that. But I get tired of bands phoning it in just because of who you are. The greatest example of that is The Rolling Stones. I can't take anything after Goats Head except Some Girls. And their early stuff where they just did blues covers a million other people did it before them and better than them.

Now here comes the Canadian to tell me I'm mean again. 

I can go along with much of that 

Except------

George's work after ALL THINGS MUST PASS is a bit hit-or-miss, but generally not as annoying as much of John's was.  And we (at least many probably) can't forget his tenure with THE TRAVELING WILBURYS. Talk about an "all star cast".  [wink]  

I didn't like Paul's foray into  what I call "Dweeb Pop"( "My Love",  "Silly Love Songs",  "Let 'Em In",  etc.)  And his unfortunate collaborations with Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder.  And while the LP "Band On The Run" yielded a couple/few good tunes,  I always thought the title tune blew chunks.  So does his Christmas song.   And speaking of that----

Every time I hear John's "Happy Xmas(war is over)"  I always sing along with it.  But, I'm instead singing the lyrics to Peter, Paul and Mary's "Stewball"!  \:D/ The former always did remind me of the latter.

[laugh] Whitefang

4 hours ago, Whitefang said:

I can go along with much of that 

Except------

George's work after ALL THINGS MUST PASS is a bit hit-or-miss, but generally not as annoying as much of John's was.  And we (at least many probably) can't forget his tenure with THE TRAVELING WILBURYS. Talk about an "all star cast".  [wink]  

I didn't like Paul's foray into  what I call "Dweeb Pop"( "My Love",  "Silly Love Songs",  "Let 'Em In",  etc.)  And his unfortunate collaborations with Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder.  And while the LP "Band On The Run" yielded a couple/few good tunes,  I always thought the title tune blew chunks.  So does his Christmas song.   And speaking of that----

Every time I hear John's "Happy Xmas(war is over)"  I always sing along with it.  But, I'm instead singing the lyrics to Peter, Paul and Mary's "Stewball"!  \:D/ The former always did remind me of the latter.

[laugh] Whitefang

I could use a lot less Yoko on War Is Over, and yes Paul for as talented as he is a did a lot of smaltz rock. The Wilbury's first one was alright. My favorite off it was Tweeter And The Monkey Man.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I'm not making and posting video's with my t-its hanging out, she is.

I think he was talking about the video content rather than your comment..  Even though I guess it could be said for both 😄 

50 minutes ago, Rabs said:

I think he was talking about the video content rather than your comment..  Even though I guess it could be said for both 😄 

Oh, usually its my comments, but I think its about my comment. He'll be along to tell us.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

I would support that with a strong objection.

Nice, I like in your statement how you lean to the left and support the right all at the same time.

I can't take credit for that line, I stole it from Cream.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Fish Crumpet said:

Small mercies.

21 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

They don't look small form what I can see, unless I need to get my vision checked.

19 hours ago, Rabs said:

I believe the small mercies is the fact that we don't have a video of Sgt's boobs ...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Karloff said:

I believe the small mercies is the fact that we don't have a video of Sgt's boobs ...

And, due to the anonymity  of these boards, we're not sure they're really all that small either.  [wink]  

Whitefang

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

And, due to the anonymity  of these boards, we're not sure they're really all that small either.  [wink]  

Whitefang

I did just get my second shot Thursday and if one of the side effects is moobs (man-boobs) I'm hoping for something that will fill out a C cup.