Gibson Brands Forums

7 years ago. My friend's Gold Top became mine.

saturn

Hard to believe time has gone so fast. Many of you have heard the story how we were jamming when he dropped dead off his drum stool.  Someone sent me a screenshot of this old FB post today.  Among all his musical gear, his family gave me the Les Paul 1957 Reissue and the conga drums in the photos below. I was with him the day he bought the guitar and took the photo of him holding it.

One more tribute to my buddy

6ylRhYz.jpg

U3O6iqs.jpg

LaWo8WY.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Retired said:

Deb & I were looking him up, She found his story on her I phone. 

Was that the article where they were talking about his barber shop in Georgetown and the doctors he was playing in a band with?  Our band was going to get together with that band and do a little tribute thing but life goes on and it never happened.   

21 hours ago, saturn said:

Was that the article where they were talking about his barber shop in Georgetown and the doctors he was playing in a band with?  Our band was going to get together with that band and do a little tribute thing but life goes on and it never happened.   

Gosh, she was reading it to me and it said where he worked at, and talked about the band and she did mention the barber shop too as I remember. I was surprised that much info was released as she read.