Gibson Brands Forums

After a break

tlwwalker

I play geezer rock once a week with four other great guys. We have a blast. We don't take ourselves too seriously and we do it for the camraderie as much as anything else. That said, we like to sound as good as we can. 

Occasionally, we have to skip a week due to scheduling issues as we all have full time jobs and lives outside of our music effort. Strangely, we seem to sound quite tight - better - upon return. It's like the brief break does us some good.

Does this happen to anyone else?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tlwwalker said:

I play geezer rock once a week with four other great guys. We have a blast. We don't take ourselves too seriously and we do it for the camraderie as much as anything else. That said, we like to sound as good as we can. 

Occasionally, we have to skip a week due to scheduling issues as we all have full time jobs and lives outside of our music effort. Strangely, we seem to sound quite tight - better - upon return. It's like the brief break does us some good.

Does this happen to anyone else?

I'd love to play with other 'geezers' once a week.....you're a lucky man...keep it up!

Yea, same sitch for me.   Been working with the same bunch-a-guys for many years now   it's all for fun now,  no one wants to gig any more,, just not worth the hassle and no one has the energy to put all the logistics together to make it happen.  We've done a few gigs over the past few years, and it was fun but..  that was enough for us..  we're just not "There" for the giggage any more

Also we are mainly originals but we have a bunch of classic rock covers we've accumulated.   At the moment we're recording 4 of our originals with my son who has a real nice studio

We've been in disruption mode while we get these tracks done since 3rd week of august.

20 hours ago, rct said:

Yes, it is nice to have a week off rehearsing, especially this week, no rehearse and out on Friday night.  It'll be like first night outta prison if you know what I mean.

rct

I resonate with this....know the feeling.

🔔

• Thanks 1

Yes. Many times with my bands we've rehearsed a lot before a gig, then we play and either make a bunch of screw ups or we're just flat. Then we play some gig where we haven't practiced in weeks and we play great. I'm not sure what causes this phenomenon but it is a real thing.   

• Like 1