Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

CNJ

NGD - Epiphone Slash Anaconda.  The guitar was set-up well right out of the box.  Took delivery in the store in case there was an issue it would stay right there.  Impressions; fret ends were nicely dressed, action low, no buzzing, all notes ring out nice and clear.  The pickups are, I believe  Epiphone Pro-Buckers.  I did comparisons against my Gibson Standard, Gibson Classic, and Gibson Studio and found them to be lower in output, but a bit more articulate than the others, however, the Gibson's all bark with more authority.  The neck profile is between the  Standard and Studio.  No doubt the Gibson counterpart of this Epiphone has better pickups, but I'm happy with the purchase.  Sings pretty good with a Tube Screamer into a Fender Twin.

Slash1.jpg.e8e14bd6754ac0a9684299bd2734e364.jpg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, CNJ said:

NGD - Epiphone Slash Anaconda.  The guitar was set-up well right out of the box.  Took delivery in the store in case there was an issue it would stay right there.  Impressions; fret ends were nicely dressed, action low, no buzzing, all notes ring out nice and clear.  The pickups are, I believe  Epiphone Pro-Buckers.  I did comparisons against my Gibson Standard, Gibson Classic, and Gibson Studio and found them to be lower in output, but a bit more articulate than the others, however, the Gibson's all bark with more authority.  The neck profile is between the  Standard and Studio.  No doubt the Gibson counterpart of this Epiphone has better pickups, but I'm happy with the purchase.  Sings pretty good with a Tube Screamer into a Fender Twin.

Slash1.jpg.e8e14bd6754ac0a9684299bd2734e364.jpg

Nice!  Enjoy it  Congrats!