Gibson Brands Forums

First clip from new Beatles film

Rabs

I loved the hidden mic in the flower pot that caught John and Paul discussing their treatment of George and his absence from the project. The historical significance for any Beatles/ music fan is huge and to watch it unfold is pretty special. At first I was disappointed when I heard it wasn't going to be a movie released in theaters but after watching it , Jackson made the right call. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, cookieman15061 said:

I loved the hidden mic in the flower pot that caught John and Paul discussing their treatment of George and his absence from the project. The historical significance for any Beatles/ music fan is huge and to watch it unfold is pretty special. At first I was disappointed when I heard it wasn't going to be a movie released in theaters but after watching it , Jackson made the right call. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

6 hours would be a long time to sit in a theater with a tub of popcorn.

I wonder how the show would have been if they went to an orphanage, but not one where the children are really that sick. What is up with the directors garbage ideas?

And does Glyn Johns have all  killer coats and clothes. George was rocking some fancy duds too,  and Ringo is always dressed pretty sharp and on time.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

We really enjoyed the Get Back Documentary. 

The one major thing I got out of it, that it really shows how lazy todays artist / musicians are: What bands / artist today can put together an album, video footage and a live performance in 30 days???? It made me think about Adele and how it took her 5 years to release her latest album....

The Beatles appear to get along pretty good, with the exception of George's little crying moments. I used to think John was the A-hole of the band, but to me he was the silent glue that held things together. Paul...well he's Paul. I had some trouble with how he was trying to convey his musical ideas to the other members. To me he kinda rambled a bit. And Ringo seemed pretty solid.

Another thing is all the smoking. How in gods name they could all sing is a mystery to me.... or breathe for that matter. I'll bet those rooms and their instruments smelled terrible.

I also watched the McCartney doc series on Disney+ (up to the episode where Live & Let Die appeared). That was better than I thought it would be.

On the whole Paul seems more generous about the others contibutions now. He was informative & likeable. 

Good story of how 'Come Together' came to be. John had unknowingly cribbed it from a Chuck Berry song. Paul gave him the bad news and they rearranged it from a rockabilly rhythym to the familiar one. 

My Disney+ month is up today. It was well worth the £2 offer price.

3 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

I also watched the McCartney doc series on Disney+ (up to the episode where Live & Let Die appeared). That was better than I thought it would be.

On the whole Paul seems more generous about the others contibutions now. He was informative & likeable. 

Good story of how 'Come Together' came to be. John had unknowingly cribbed it from a Chuck Berry song. Paul gave him the bad news and they rearranged it from a rockabilly rhythym to the familiar one. 

My Disney+ month is up today. It was well worth the £2 offer price.

And they got sued by Chuck over it in the end anyway.

Just now, Pinch said:

I would have thought it'd take her longer after losing her supposed love of her life. 

Also, I didn't like her in the documentary, so I rip on her. 

Well I would just say to that, we all handle and deal with death differently.. There is no wrong or right with that as far as I am concerned.. Maybe this new partner helped her get over the loss?  Is that so wrong?

Just now, Rabs said:

Well I would just say to that, we all handle and deal with death differently.. There is no wrong or right with that as far as I am concerned.. Maybe this new partner helped her get over the loss?  Is that so wrong?

Not so long as I get to complain about it. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pinch said:

Not so long as I get to complain about it. 

I could listen to her scream "John" all day. She was just that great a vocalist.

I love when Macca tells her to get back in the bag as John and her are walking out for lunch or the end of the day.

Macca didn't wait to long  before he shacked up with one-legger and then she left and got a ton of that filthy Beatle money. I'd marry Paul for his $ too.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper