Gibson Brands Forums

First clip from new Beatles film

Rabs

On 11/16/2021 at 11:23 AM, Whitefang said:

I'm gonna have to obtain this on some other medium.  I'm not gonna subscribe to Disney for just the one broadcast.

Whitefang

Whitefang,

My feelings exactly.

I'm a big fan of "Seal Team", but since they moved from CBS to Paramount, I've bitten the bullet and have stopped watching the series rather than pay monthly for a streaming service I neither want nor need to watch one program. The trouble with all of these pay services is the "death by ten-thousand cuts" that they subject us to.

The constant nickel and diming for this and that, that at the end of every month becomes outrageously expensive.

RBSinTo

Edited by RBSinTo

Just finished watching it...  I think I agree with what people are saying..  If you are a huge beatles fan and a musician interested in the making of the music.. Its a must.. Normal people will probably find it pretty boring.. And indeed I found it hard going at points. But just what an amazing record of a creative process of one of the biggest bands ever..  Mostly for me I was interested in how they interacted with each other..  You hear so many stories about them its pretty cool to see it unfold as it happened..

I was in a band many years ago and like in Spinal Tap its amazing how familiar the arguments are when it isn't going so well and the vibe has been lost... And stuff like swapping instruments and fartarssing around playing silly songs instead of actually rehearsing. 

I will surely be watching the next two parts.. If they had released it all at once I would probably have watched the lot in one go (and enjoyed it 🙂

Edited by Rabs

I’ve seen the original many years ago.. Like watching Paint dry.. And depressing.. And I’m a Beatles fan… 

I started watching the new one today.. Great Intro! Then, I made it 30 minutes & it got slow.. It’s more upbeat but still Had to take a break.. I’ll watch the whole thing but I’ve got a feeling it will take a while to get thru the whole thing..  Why? Because it’s The Beatles!

Yeah I really enjoyed it too..  There were a few times I got bored when they were mucking about. But I think that needs to be there to give the watcher even the slightest feel of how frustrating it is when things aren't going well and they are loosing steam.. Very good job by Mr Jackson... A non musician friend of mine (but he is a Beatles fan)  is watching it tonight, will be interested to see what he makes of it.

It seems Paul really was the driving force, or at least he tried to be..  Would have been interesting to see what it was like when Epstein was still around and how he helped keep them on track.

Just an amazing piece of musical history incredibly documented. 

Started watching episode 2 last night with Paul reading the tabloid into record of their supposed breakup. One of the most interesting things so far for me has been seeing their creative process of bringing in something new and how it would morph into something completely different.

4 hours ago, mihcmac said:

Started watching episode 2 last night with Paul reading the tabloid into record of their supposed breakup. One of the most interesting things so far for me has been seeing their creative process of bringing in something new and how it would morph into something completely different.

Yep, that is so cool to see them change the song over and over and these guys are just a few years older than my oldest, who is my daughter. 

I need to watch it by myself an focus. I took a few to many pipe hits before watching. 

Saw part #1 last night.

I liked it all. 

I would like to know how many cuts were in the 'Get Back' gestation part. Because it seemed to get familiar very quickly. It was either heavily cut or Paul came better prepared than he was letting on?

Yoko & Linda getting girlie together! 

I liked some of the song pre-versions a lot. Liked George's guitar contrubutions too. Adding arpegios with major 7ths etc. Some of that p1ssed Paul off. I suppose different sensibilities and ideas collide sometimes. 

Will watch part #2 tonight