Gibson Brands Forums

Meat Loaf RIP

Sgt. Pepper

Sadly the news this morning informed us that Meat Loaf had passed away at the age of 74.  It's well documented that he'd had more than his fair share of health issues so I guess this doesn't come as a great surprise.

Not to long ago I saw a TV program showing him on a residency in Las Vegas, it seems he always found time to meet his fans after his show and came across as a very humble person.

Lets hope there's a reunion taking place with Jim Steinman.  RIP Meat.  

I apologize, you're right that was totally uncalled for.

When Bat Out Of Hell came out they just played it to death on the radio.  I have nothing against the man himself, it's just that one song got old after about the 1000th rotation on the airwaves.

6 minutes ago, duane v said:

Apparently cause of death was Covid related 😒.......

Covid RELATED .... That is the verbiage they use now....   But 'Cause of Death'   and  'related'   are two different things.  An existing condition can cause complications when a new condition, injury or infection presents itself and triggers those complications.   

COMORBIDITY

The simultaneous presence of two or more diseases or medical conditions in a patient. 

25 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Covid RELATED .... That is the verbiage they use now....   But 'Cause of Death'   and  'related'   are two different things.  An existing condition can cause complications when a new condition, injury or infection presents itself and triggers those complications.   

COMORBIDITY

The simultaneous presence of two or more diseases or medical conditions in a patient. 

If it's that important to you, you can send your inquiries to the local Coroner for more information..... That is the depth of the rabbit hole I'm going down regarding Covid.

Never a fan of the guy and never thinking he was all that great, it's still sad for many who are/were fans and his family and friends.  And what I've heard about his lifestyle and habits(like heavy drinking, etc.)  it's surprising this hadn't happened a long time ago.

But Rest In Peace anyway, sir.

And as for the "beat loaf" thing..........  [wink]

Whitefang

2 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

COMORBIDITY

True, but according to Blabbermouth.net, he was "seriously ill with COVID-19" just days before his death.